The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
14,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Yesterday my kids were at a show. My youngest daughters wether went into the ring for the first time and was acting a little naughty at first. Then when she lined up against another little boy <only 2 in this novice class>, he hunched up kind of like a buck does when they urinate on themselves.

Someone told me it was possibly UC that we needed to keep an eye on him. He only did it the one time after acting up a little bit. He's never acted like he's had trouble peeing, and wasn't peeing at that time/trying to pee.

We have a doe that does this once in a while too, but she acts very 'bucky'. Of course I think she's either in heat or someone else is in heat when she does it. She also seems to do it when there is a dominance issue.

So do you think I have to worry? If it were really UC wouldn't it possibly affect him more, or wouldn't he being doing it when he is trying to pee only? Never noticed him do that before, he's clean castrated, but him and the other 2 boys still act naughty now and then lol
This guy is destined for freezer camp after my daughter is finished using him next month.

Here's a pic when he did it

Attachments

·
14,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
some boys will do that even when wethered -- its nothing to worry about.
Thanks Stacey, that's what I was thinking. This is our first year having wethers, but wanted to be sure. He was fine until he got in the ring and started acting up a bit. Naughty boy lol

·
14,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LOL thanks! My daughters wether is a Nubian/boer cross. He's very sweet and the quietest of the kids 3 wethers. He's been somewhat a hard keeper though, so this worried me, I was like oh no, no more problems please lol
He'd been having issues with scouring and couldn't figure out what was causing it fecals were good, etc.

This is his usual 'look' haha...

·
1,524 Posts
In the picture of him doing the deed in question, his face says it all. He was just a boy being a boy. New place, others around, he wanted everyone to know he is all boy, even if he is missing a couple of things. Even with the testicles gone, there are still other glands that secrete testosterone in small amounts, just enough to make him know he is a male but not enough to make him a buck.

I love the expressions on your daughters face! Priceless!

·
14,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
lol thanks, she has a way with expressions, haha. I agree, I think he was just trying to be a manly wether lol it's funny though, because he is bottom of the pecking order, but he tries so hard to be macho too! Poor guy, last Friday when we were loading them into the trailer, a doe a week older than him slammed him into the side of the trailer and he ended up limping around for a couple of days!

·
Registered
12,823 Posts
Funny this thread came along , I just noticed my buckling , Archie doing the same thing. I guess boys will be boys , lol.
Candice , your daughter is just adorable :D

·
Registered
12,823 Posts
The adorable little boy in the picture with her looks like he may be in need of a pit stop to the little boys room himself , lol :p
So cute :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.