The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today when I was in the goat pen spending time with Jenny our doe I noticed her teat looked a little wet (tiny bit wet on the end) She lays for me to rub her tummy so I checked her teats and squeezed them a little and this tiny (not even a drop) of clearish fluid came out..Should I be worried about this..When we first got her she was with our two pygmy wethers which were 4 months older than her (The lady we got them from did have trouble banding one of them but their boy bits did fall off) One of the weaher did "mount' Jenny a few times..Is this clearish stuff normal? Also I have never seen Jenny come into heat..She can't be pregnant right:confused:

·
Banned
5,944 Posts
How old is Jenny? When were the boys banded, and are you sure both testicals were in the band? It is possible for a recently banded buck to breed for up to at least a couple of weeks, and I think the max is about a month, following banding.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jenny is 6 months old..The boys were banded the day we picked them up and they were 5 weeks old

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The lady said she got both of them and it did feel like she got them

·
Dave (TDG Farms) S.E. Washington State
4,956 Posts
Ya boys dont normally start being "boys" till about the 3 month mark. Typically a good indication is they will start to grow their beards. The fluid, is nothing to worry about. They will leak a clear fluid that acts as a wax to seal the orifice.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh thank goodness! I was so freaked out..I know..I'm such a dork :eek: lol

I have books on goats but it doesn't compare to coming to this forum and getting advice and answers from people who have "been there, done that" Thanks Everyone!

·
Registered
13,076 Posts
Oh thank goodness! I was so freaked out..I know..I'm such a dork :eek: lol

I have books on goats but it doesn't compare to coming to this forum and getting advice and answers from people who have "been there, done that" Thanks Everyone!
Hey , your not a dork , lol. I would have concerned about it too !
It's good to notice these things just in case it is something to worry about ;)
Good for you for noticing it !

1 - 10 of 10 Posts