Should I buy these nubians???

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by KW Farms, Jul 4, 2008.

1. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Ok, so i'm interested in a couple nubians. One is a wether (black) the other a doe(tan). I would like the doe for breeding purposes. They're 3 years old. $100 OBO. What do you think?? I kinda like them, but not sure? :help: Oh, and sorry for the bad pic, this is the only one I've got!

2. susanne

susanne New Member

Nov 12, 2007

3. KW Farms

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    The lady wants to sell them as a pair for $100. We have hispanics that I would probably sell him to them for meat. We grow our own hay so no problem on expensive hay.

4. hornless

hornless New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    I think I would look some more for better quality. Plus the owner may not want you selling the wether for meat, she might want them to stay together as pets, I think that is very likely.

5. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I really don't like the looks of the doe, she doesn't strike me as anything but pet quality. And if the lady wants them to go together and she is making a nice deal I think you shouldn't buy them with the idea of selling the boy for meat.

6. KW Farms

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    She just needs them out of her pasture. She is bringing in a horse. She doesn't mind if they go for meat, but she needs them to go as a pair so they can get out quicker. Well, they're pretty cheap for around here. We don't have to many reg. nubian buyers around our area. They more like just want them for pets, soooo??? We don't have to many nubi breeders around are area either, so they're a bit harder to find. I'm not sure yet...I'll have to see???

7. susanne

susanne New Member

Nov 12, 2007
  8. hornless

hornless New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Here is a good breeder in WA; she hass doelings available and is making me want to purchase one!

http://www.myenchantedacres.com

Goats from her or similar breeders will be of better quality and you would almost certainly end up happier with them.

9. KW Farms

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    myenchantedacres is clear up past seattle. We are past central WA. That would be around a 20 hour drive there and back. To far for one or two goat, IMHO. I have searched for about a month trying to find good nubian breeders around our area. Like Central WA, even a bit further. I already bought a buck from Greenehaven Acres which is pretty close, but they are completely sold out. They didnt' know of anyone either, unless they were REALLY far away... :hair: I'm not going to get the doe because I don't have time to deal w/ the wether right now, but ANYONE KNOW OF A NUBIAN BREEDER CLOSE TO CENTRAL WA??? :help:

Thanks everyone for the suggestions!

10. hornless

hornless New Member

Oct 5, 2007
  11. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

there are tons of nubian breeders in washington, even if the breeder is far, a lot of times you can find someone that is going to a show near you that can bring youa goat for some help with gas money.
    There are several breeders in spokane in the adga books from this year and last.
    beth

12. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    There is a lady up here that has/had a few nubian does for sale. Her web address is on my computer at work and I don't go back till Tuesday, but I will email it to you. She is in Spokane Valley.

I am thinking about talking to her about leasing a buck for my nubian that I am picking up today!

13. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    The website someone listed for HaloMNubians. Their site is really great and their animals look to be of excellent quality. The one doe is $150 because she got raw colostrum from her CAE negative dam. Since they normally do not do that she lowered the price. That is an awesome deal! I would snatch it, if I lived closer and liked big goats more. . . :)

14. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

ojibwa nubians is in Roy washington i believe.
    beth