The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first goat Billy is 2 years old and has never been around other goats. He's been unruly and bucking. After a month he still won't get along with little Odin. While I was away my dad was taking care of them. Billy hit him hard in the back and at one point bit him hard enough to rip his paints.
I'm not sure if I should get rid of him and get another that is Odin's age, or focus hard on training. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Is he intact? If not you might want to try that first to curb his behavior.

·
Super Moderator
58,834 Posts
The first one is hard. But you have to think of safety first. Plus, if you sell him and he is aggressive, there is a good chance he will be abused or neglected. I would much rather put a goat in the freezer than be subject to abuse or neglect.

·
Super Moderator
58,834 Posts
He has lived a good life and the local processor will do it very humanely. If your dad was butted, he will do it again to people. I just wouldn't want to risk him being sold from home to home and abused/neglected. To me that would be much worse. Especially if you end up finding out what happened to him.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
True. I still don't think I could eat him. My dad had a good idea though. We'll give him to the family down the road to eat. They could really use the meat.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts