The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
rdmtnfarms
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a nigi doe in mid April. She kidded on January 26th. I have three bucks two three month olds housed next to her up until a month ago and a yearling buck about thirty feet away. I haven't noticed any heats from her. Should she have come into heat? She is developing a belly but I have been letting them out during the day and they get all they want, so she might just be chubby.

·
rdmtnfarms
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm worried I am overfeeding a potentially pregnant doe. Also I wonder if I should stop milking her.

·
2,180 Posts
There is always that possibility, but to expect her to be due June 26th (bred that day or right after) would be irrational. How old were the young boys at that time? 3 months or just a month old?

I would say you're in the clear for now. You could try bumping her right side and see if you feel a kid in there. Cousin had a Nigi doe come into heat 3 days after birthing and she settled no problem. Exhausting for her. Buck was her "friend"...that wanted to help her out I guess. Lol no time for that uterus to have a bit of a break though, that's my only concern.

Sidetracked. Anyway, it's unlikely she got preg immediately, but whenever bucks are around over 2 months of age, always expect them to "fool around".

·
rdmtnfarms
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. I didn't mean bred by my bucks. I should have worded that better. I meant by the person I bought her from bucks. I got her mid april. I just haven't seen signs of heat with bucks around. I might just have to do the blood test Stacey. Thanks. Would you guys run the test?

·
2,180 Posts
Thanks. I didn't mean bred by my bucks. I should have worded that better. I meant by the person I bought her from bucks. I got her mid april. I just haven't seen signs of heat with bucks around. I might just have to do the blood test Stacey. Thanks. Would you guys run the test?
Absolutely. Small pocket change eases the mind, which is priceless!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts