Shout out for a GREAT person

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by kelebek, Jul 27, 2009.

1. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I have to post this as I hope that if you get the chance to do a special little something that you will take that opportunity, because no matter how small it might be - it will come back to you - and will mean the world to the person you did it for.

I personally believe that it is something that I should be doing - to do little things for others.... but I want to share this with everyone - because no matter how small of a thing it is - it can affect the person in a huge way!

Everyone knows that I went to see my children in Louisiana the beginning of the month for the first time in 5 1/2 years. My daughter will be 13 tomorrow and my son will be 11 the beginning of September. It has been a long process with my exhusband but we finally got him to agree to let us see the children.

Anyway, on Tuesday, before we left to come home, we went to JC Penney in Bossier City, Louisiana to get pictures taken of my kids and me. The lady was real nice on the phone when I made the appointment asked the kids' ages, their names, my info, and asked what occasion it was. I told her that this was the first time seeing my children in 5 1/2 years and the first time they have met their step father who I have been married to for almost 3 years.

Well we took the pictures, but since we had spent practically every dime already, I only bought 3 sheets - one of each of the kids, and one of them together - and then I got a free 5x7 so I got that of the kids and me. I paid for the smiles by wire so that I could get the pictures later at a much larger price - but I wanted to for when I got more money. I paid to have the pics shipped directly to me here in Idaho. Well I got them today.......

When I opened the packet there were the 4 sheets that I ordered - but then there were 3 additional ones - 1 of each of my kids by them selves and one of them together. The one of my son is 3 4x5's and 3 wallets in different color sceems, the one of my daughter is two photocards and 2 little "trading cards" that have sayings of smiling such as "the shortest distance between two people is a smile" and then a picture of the kids together in black and white with a border that says I Love You underneith.

I was shocked. I kept trying to figure out where they came from and adding up in my head that I didn't pay for these - and being the honest one I am - I couldn't believe that someone did this and so it must be a mistake and I must pay for them.

So I called down to the studio to find the name of the photographer so that I could send a note to her - and come to find out it was the lady that answered the phone. She mentioned that she remembered exactly who we were and that she wanted to do something special and to enjoy the pictures. Of course I started bawling and she said that is all she asks is that I come see her if I ever come back down. I told her we were trying to come in November and you better believe I was coming to see her!!!!

So the little things that don't seem like any thing big can mean the WORLD to others.

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    that is a beautiful thing .....what a sweetheart ........The world.. would be a better place.. if we all... just gave a little..so it would mean ....the world... to someone else :wink: ....... :hug: :greengrin:

3. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    aww! :hug: how nice of her!!

4. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Isn't it nice to know that in this crazy world of ours today, that there are still such wonderful people out there! Allison so happy for you and that you were able to spend time with your kidos :hug: !

5. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Awe that is so sweet!!! what a precious lady

6. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    That is so great...what a kind person!

7. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    That was SO VERY nice of her!!! :hug: I would definitely add her to the Christmas card list :wink:

8. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    OHHH yah - I am definately still sending her a thank you note (being cautious of not getting her into trouble) but also going to try and keep in contact with her!!!

9. bheila

bheila New Member

Jan 9, 2009
    Kent, Wa
    :tears: Okay I'll admit it, that mad me bawl like a baby. That is awesome! It's rare but there are still kind people in this world :grouphug: Makes me want to fly there and give that lady a hug.

10. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Thats ok - I bawled when it happened - bawled when talking about it here at work - bawled when I wrote it - but it was such happy tears! :hug:

11. Lawanda

Lawanda New Member

Jun 11, 2009
    West Virginia
    Well, I'm bawling now too. That was so sweet.

12. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I know what that visit meant to you Allison, and seeing the pics with the online link you sent me made me feel very special. Seeing the look on your face shining the way that only a mother could ,brought tears to my eyes. Your kids are beautiful, and I can see where your daughter gets her pretty face. That photographer is a very special lady, not many left in the world that would have such compassion and caring for a stranger, you are certainly right about the little things meaning so much :hug:

13. grandmajo

grandmajo New Member

Oct 14, 2008
    Pioneer, Ohio
    Oh Allison, what a wonderful gift, from a wonderful person. Just when you think that the world is full of nothing but yuck, something like this happens. I'm so happy for you!!!!