The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
~Crazy Goat Lady~
29,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So excited!! First show of the year is tomorrow! YAY! Bringing all five of my does (3 Srs and 2 Jrs) I am hoping we do well :) will update with pics and results when I get the chance tomorrow :)

·
Registered
693 Posts
I would LOVE to show one day! Kinda busy raising kids right now though.:p Maybe one day..... Good luck!:thumbup:

·
1,983 Posts
Skyla it was wonderful to meet you today. It was nice to have someone to talk with. Keep up your excellent work you will go far! Thank you so much for all of your and your family's help!

·
~Crazy Goat Lady~
29,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Wonderful to meet you too Erica! Agreed it was nice to have someone to talk to! Glad you penned next to us! :D Thank you :) your girls did great too! And congrats on your new boy! I shoulda hid him in my van when I had the chance ;) LOL! Just kidding! But I do love him! :D
No problem :) you going to the Sunny Sisters show next month?

Who is your friend Stacey?

Also, it was great to meet you too Rebecca :) sorry if I seemed kinda rude when you came over... I was just so hot and tired lol! Thought I was gonna pass out once lol! But sat down with a drink and I was ok. But just wanted to say sorry for that.. Next time I won't be so 'grouchy'.. And congrats with Emily and Lady! Wish I had the chance to admire them a little more! Beautiful girls :)

Any way, we are home! LOL!
We did pretty good :) there were some REALLY nice does there! Bonnie (Farilea Farm) took CH sr. and jr. does :) well deserved :)
In our first class Puff took 7th and Brook behind her took 8th.. There was some good compition and the girls didn't fill as well as expected and i know they can.. I'm blaming this crazy weather lol! And this was my girls first show (they were NOT happy and wouldn't walk!) so I wasn't expecting much from them. Snap took last in the next class (obviously, as she was dry and fat lol! She was just my sisters practice goat) then moving on to the Jr's Mazie took 4th and Promise took 5th in her class right behind her littermate sister :)
Besides it being super hot we had a fun day :) can't wait till our next show on 7-20-13 :D

·
1,983 Posts
We are seriously considering the Sunny Sisters show. Brandon was so happy with Vixen I think he may be hooked on showing. But if there are any more auctions I may need to be shoved into a closet somewhere. But how could I say no? I think the next show we are going to is going to be VT. I think with my buck collection I need to find a buck show.

Skyla did you see everyone swimming when we were leaving? I was insanely jealous in that moment. Next year I'm bringing a swimsuit.

·
~Crazy Goat Lady~
29,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
We are seriously considering the Sunny Sisters show. Brandon was so happy with Vixen I think he may be hooked on showing. But if there are any more auctions I may need to be shoved into a closet somewhere. But how could I say no? I think the next show we are going to is going to be VT. I think with my buck collection I need to find a buck show.

Skyla did you see everyone swimming when we were leaving? I was insanely jealous in that moment. Next year I'm bringing a swimsuit.
That would be cool! :D hope to see you there then! :D
That's great!! What did she place? I honestly don't remember much of the class.. I was quite dazed and 'out of it' by then lol!

ROFL!! Aww now why would you want to do that?? It would be hot and stuffy ;) heheh!!
Oh it would have been AWFUL to say no! Trust me! I was SO close to placing a bid quite a few times! But I didn't want to have my head chopped off when I walked out to my parents with a buck ROFL! "Look who I just bough!" :ROFL:

I so wish I could go to the VT show! But too far for us right now :p oh well maybe next year :)
Some in NY ;)

Yes!! I wanted to jump in just how I was lol! I told my dad that lol! The whole time we were driving past the river I was drooling over the cool refreshing water! Lol!

·
1,983 Posts
She placed 4th in a pretty big class(it's to hot to remember how many) she was behind 3 2 y/o does. Behind OMF, Rosasharn, Fairlea does. After the show the judge told Bran keep her on the campaign trail. All I remember was Brandon and Vixen were way at the front and Silky and I were not. It wasn't until the auction after I told Bran she placed 4th did he realize it. (He's a show newbie).

Next year during judges break I say we head for the water...

·
~Crazy Goat Lady~
29,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
She placed 4th in a pretty big class(it's to hot to remember how many) she was behind 3 2 y/o does. Behind OMF, Rosasharn, Fairlea does. After the show the judge told Bran keep her on the campaign trail. All I remember was Brandon and Vixen were way at the front and Silky and I were not. It wasn't until the auction after I told Bran she placed 4th did he realize it. (He's a show newbie).

Next year during judges break I say we head for the water...
That's awesome!
Lol! Yah I don't remember how many were in any of the classes at this point lol!
Tell him I said congrats! :)

Sounds good to me! :D

1 - 20 of 48 Posts