Show attire?

Discussion in 'Show Circuit' started by Riverside Fainters, Aug 10, 2019.

1. Riverside Fainters

Riverside Fainters Active Member

Feb 6, 2013
    So I show in our sanctioned MGR shows, however, one of my wethers is qualified for the National show. I asked a fellow member and judge, what to wear. They say most dress like normal shows (usually MGR related tshirt and jeans). I was thinking of a nice plaid flannel, nice jeans and boots. Is this over kill?? I want to to look good with my wether as well.

2. Riverside Fainters

Feb 6, 2013
    Usually it's a tshirt, nice jeans and boots. I just don't wanna over dress, but yet look nice

toth boer goats likes this.
  3. lada823

lada823 Active Member

Apr 1, 2018
    Ohio
    I think a button down shirt is perfectly fine. I wouldn't go crazy with the bling. Flannel might be hot depending on what time of year the show is.

4. Riverside Fainters

Feb 6, 2013
    I have a button down black/white shirt. I want something that matches him, but wont take away from him. This is my boy. Should I look for a different shirt? Or stick with a black and white plaid? 20180817_201503-01.jpeg

5. lada823

lada823 Active Member

Apr 1, 2018
    Ohio
    He's beautiful! With his coloring I would go with a solid color so he stands out. I'm afraid black and white aid would be confusing.

6. Riverside Fainters

Feb 6, 2013
    @Morning Star Farm. He is a Myotonic. A 3.5 yr old wether. My first goat to qualify for nationals carrying my herd name!!!

7. HoosierShadow

HoosierShadow Senior Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    Sorry just realized I didn't reply after being tagged!

If it's anything like our meat/breeding shows, then western type style is popular. A nice button up for either sex or a nice, appropriate blouse for girls/women.
    This is my daughter's favorite shirt to show in, it's light and comfortable. I think the brand is Craighopper or something - we bought it at a discount store, and it's made for outdoor wear.
    You can go just about anywhere to get a nice shirt, don't have to pay big $$.
    Sort of blinging Jeans she got from a discount mall type store and she got her belt at Tractor Supply.

[​IMG]

This is what my son has been wearing this summer. He likes long sleeve even in the summer and this is his favorite (Polo brand) to show in.

[​IMG]

Here are pictures I took of ABGA shows we attended a few weeks ago, you can see some dressed very low key and others had nice tops or shirts. Hope this helps:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/hoosiershadow/albums/72157709951263856