The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I show in our sanctioned MGR shows, however, one of my wethers is qualified for the National show. I asked a fellow member and judge, what to wear. They say most dress like normal shows (usually MGR related tshirt and jeans). I was thinking of a nice plaid flannel, nice jeans and boots. Is this over kill?? I want to to look good with my wether as well.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I think a button down shirt is perfectly fine. I wouldn't go crazy with the bling. Flannel might be hot depending on what time of year the show is.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a button down black/white shirt. I want something that matches him, but wont take away from him. This is my boy. Should I look for a different shirt? Or stick with a black and white plaid?
Plant Dog breed Working animal Goat Collar

·
Registered
335 Posts
He's beautiful! With his coloring I would go with a solid color so he stands out. I'm afraid black and white aid would be confusing.

·
14,802 Posts
Sorry just realized I didn't reply after being tagged!

If it's anything like our meat/breeding shows, then western type style is popular. A nice button up for either sex or a nice, appropriate blouse for girls/women.
This is my daughter's favorite shirt to show in, it's light and comfortable. I think the brand is Craighopper or something - we bought it at a discount store, and it's made for outdoor wear.
You can go just about anywhere to get a nice shirt, don't have to pay big $$.
Sort of blinging Jeans she got from a discount mall type store and she got her belt at Tractor Supply.

This is what my son has been wearing this summer. He likes long sleeve even in the summer and this is his favorite (Polo brand) to show in.

Here are pictures I took of ABGA shows we attended a few weeks ago, you can see some dressed very low key and others had nice tops or shirts. Hope this helps:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/hoosiershadow/albums/72157709951263856

1 - 8 of 8 Posts