Show Friday, My girls cleaned house!

Discussion in 'Show Circuit' started by Anna, Feb 6, 2011.

1. Anna

Anna New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    Fayette, AL
    This year I dove head first into the world of showing, and my lovely ladies have all done phenominal things in there own rights. It's amazing to see how far my herd has come. The show had about 50 head of dairy goats there- not enough in each breed to sanction, but it was a great show anyways. I took 6 of my does.

ButterBean- 2nd place 2yr old Sr. ( milking doe in front of us- grr)
    Jane- 1st place Yearling milker- ( She technically hasnt freshned yet, but she was the oldest in the class below with a nearly full udder and they wanted it to be fair.)
    Nuttah- 1st Place Sr. Kid
    Alli- 2nd place Sr. Kid
    Joy- 1st place Int. Kid

Junya was my only doe that stood middle of the class- she just wasnt feeling very well though. She placed 5th in a class of 8. It was Jane's class.

Then the real highlights of the day, Nuttah took Reserve Champion Jr. and Joy won Champian! :leap: My first Champion win! gotten several reserves this year but not Champion! Then Jane got Reserve Sr. beat only by the milker that beat ButterBean- and she hasn't ever kidded yet! lol Then ButterBean and I won 1st place showmanship to boot! It was sucha great day.

I came home with 2 new goat coats, 2 blankets/throws, a nice garment bag, a goody bag of shampoos and a comb, and the best feeling that I'm finally getting somewhere. I'll try to post a few pics in a little while.

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Congrats Anna! So happy your girls did so good for you. I'm sure you had a great time from the sounds of it too :)

3. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Congrats to you and your girls :stars:

Sounds like you had an awesome time :hug:

4. WOW!!! Thats awesome!!!! CONGRATS!!! :clap:

5. goatiegurl*Oh

goatiegurl*Oh Senior Member

Nov 10, 2007
    Ohio
    Congrats! You did great :)

6. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Alright... :clap: that is wonderful to hear...congrats....great job.... :hi5: :thumb:

7. SandStoneStable Farm

SandStoneStable Farm New Member

Dec 7, 2010
    Maryland
    Wow!! How wonderful for you and your girls!!! Congrats!!

8. SandStoneStable Farm

SandStoneStable Farm New Member

Dec 7, 2010
    Maryland
    Oh wait, I think this was an old post... I looked at the bottom of the page "similar threads" and thought they were new ones :eek:
    Congrats anyway, still exciting even if it was last year :p