The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm learning how to appropriately body score does in milk, especially big milkers like nubians. I know they get really bony around the hips, but it just always seems to shock me and it doesn't help that every time someone sees them they comment on how skinny they are. I've posted pics before and everyone here has said they look healthy and score fine. I also notice they look slimmer in the mornings before they graze for the day, which is also... something I just need to acclimate myself to I guess.

Anyone have pics of your girls in milk? I'd love to see them.

Thanks =)

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
I have two that are opposite of each other. May (cream ND) is round and Willow (mini Nubian) is typical dairy.
This was taken in the afternoon, after browsing.
upload_2020-8-27_14-30-47.jpeg

·
Registered
30,638 Posts
Not great pictures but these sisters are Nora and Willa..they stay pretty fit.

Edit to add: oops didn't notice Willa sticking her tongue out lol

Lol..I just noticed Willa is not Willa but another shot of Nora ....not sure how I did that

Attachments

·
Registered
30,638 Posts
This is Irene..shes a mini saanen. She carries a wide load but thins in the hip area.
20200613_110042.jpg

·
Premium Member
4,675 Posts
I will try to get a few of jade tomorrow or sat for you. She was omg skinny to me feedin twins. But when i weaned them she put on weight and i still get right at a gallon a day. So it makes me wonder how much more she was feeding those kids. I tried everything i could to get weight on her there for a while. Nothin worked and her poop would become turds. So i finally gave up and she did fine but was just much thinner than i wanted her to be. Her lil buckling even had a milk goiter.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts