Show me your horses!

Discussion in 'Other Pets' started by KW Farms, Jan 16, 2011.

1. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Was just going through some of my photos and thought i'd share my horses with you guys. If you have horses...post photos...tell us about them...i'd love to see!

Boone APHA (3 year old)
    [​IMG]

Rascal, APHA (2010 colt)
    [​IMG]

Most of the herd...
    [​IMG]

Mack in the front, Rain in the back.
    [​IMG]

Blue in the front...
    [​IMG]

Rascal (2010 colt)
    [​IMG]

Our APHA stallion (he's at stud by the way)
    [​IMG]

Fancy and her 2010 filly, Wednesday.
    [​IMG]

Cheyenne, Mia, and Slingshot...
    [​IMG]

Cowgirl with her 2010 filly, Gemma. She was just a day old in that photo.
    [​IMG]

Hope you guys enjoyed and if you have horses...post away!!

2. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    Man they're CUTE! and wow, very muscular and correct

3. pelicanacresMN

pelicanacresMN New Member

very pretty! I used to have an American Quarter Pony gelding & a 1/2 Arabian/Grade mare but I sold them 2 years ago to focus on the goats.

4. GotmygoatMTJ

GotmygoatMTJ New Member

Your horses are GORGEOUS! I love Rascal! He's so hunky :love:

I have two horses, a Spotted Saddle mare and a mini :)

This is my Sugar. She is my baby.
    [​IMG]

She does almost everything I ask her too without a fuss :)
    [​IMG]

Jumping. lol........I look awful.....this was a little while ago....
    [​IMG]

I bought Sugar in November of 2009. She had an abcess then and terrible feet. It took forever to get it healed. It was almost to her coffin bone. Shes actually Insulin Resistant and founders on grass easily in the spring. :GAAH: But I love her to pieces anyways!

I don't really have any pics of the mini at the moment :p Hehe

5. KW Farms

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Thanks guys. ;)

Sugar is so cute! She looks like a great little riding mare...love her markings too!

6. Maggie

Maggie New Member

Nov 5, 2010
    Floyd, Va
    I love Blue's markings. And Sugar is adorable, she looks like she'd be a blast to ride.
    Heres my horses:
    Jacy up front, my fat aqha gelding and my husband's qh/morgan Noah
    [attachment=1:1vbrk0ck]018 (2).JPG[/attachment:1vbrk0ck]
    My aqha mare, shes just a pasture puff due to prior abuse that caused her severe athritis at only 8 yrs
    [attachment=0:1vbrk0ck]001.JPG[/attachment:1vbrk0ck]
    And Noah and Jacy again in Va on a camping trip
    [attachment=2:1vbrk0ck]turnedout.JPG[/attachment:1vbrk0ck]

Attached Files:

7. jduwall

jduwall New Member

Aug 7, 2009
    Oh they all are so beautiful....congrats to all of you....I love to horse back ride

8. GotmygoatMTJ

GotmygoatMTJ New Member

Thanks ya'll, and she is very fun :)

Maggie, your horses are beautiful too! <3

9. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    Beautiful horses!

Here are mine.

Jetta, an 11hand Pony made of pure cute and pure EVIL. LOL. No one but me can ride her so far. She's dumped everyone else on the ground. I need to find someone who knows what they're doing to spank her butt like I did. She's a TOUGH little bugger though, and can truck me around all day. I generally ride her bareback because I can't find a saddle that fits here LOL.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And this is my new mare! She's a registered Missouri Fox Trotter. 13hands (I think, haven't sticked her) She was a broodmare, but is turning out to be a right fine little riding horse. Has an AMAZING foxtrot. She rides really good with other horses (or Jetta) but is nervous when on her own. We're working on it. I don't have any really good pictures of her just yet, as I have had her less than a month and we've had NASTY weather.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. KW Farms

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Beautiful horses guys!!

Epona...I had a little black pony (well...miniature) that was very fiesty too. She was adorable...but only sweet when she wanted to be. Hehehe. Congrats on your new mare...she's looks really nice!

11. Haviris

Haviris Member

Oct 7, 2007
    This is my girl Gypsy, she's a 7 year (almost 7) old APHA mare, the complete love of my life!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. KW Farms

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    She's gorgeous!! Love her face markings!

13. Epona142

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    Haviris she is BEAUTIFUL!

14. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Wow... :shocked:

All ...are beautiful animals....thanks for sharing..... :thumb: :wink:

15. firelight27

firelight27 Hopelessly Addicted

Apr 24, 2009
    Southern Oregon
    Kylee, yay for new photos! I ADORE your horses. And that Gypsy is also a stunner.

I have three right now, and my mare is due to foal in May.

Romeo - Appendix Quarter Horse Gelding

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

He is only two in these photos and is still a bit gangly. You can really see the Thoroughbred in him when he goes through growth spurts.

Calypso - Quarter Horse Mare

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is the stud she is bred to, Paintncash Reward by Wanted Reward. He is a homozygous tobiano, so I am guarunteed some spots on baby. And he is a red dun, so I am hoping I either get a dun or a roan like mom.

[​IMG]

(Sorry if the picture is huge.)

I also have a giant grey Quarter Horse gelding named Chief. I just got him in November and don't have any photos currently, but he is super broke and has done it all from packing elk to roping so I am way excited about him.

16. GotmygoatMTJ

GotmygoatMTJ New Member

Epona, beautiful pony! What kind of bridle do you have on her? I have one like that buts a rope type halter/bridle. Its supposed to be good but I found it kind of 'suffocated' Sugar. :?

All these horse are BEAUTIFUL everyone!

17. Epona142

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    It's a nylon bridle with a soft hackamore attached. I got it off of ebay hehe. She HATES HATES HATES a bit in her mouth. I don't know if she's had kids yanking on her face before or what, but she will not tolerate even a soft snaffle. (Yes her teeth were checked and floated)

She does really good in the hack and has become very responsive.

We sure have a beautiful group of horses here!!

18. Bellafire Farm

Bellafire Farm New Member

Jan 5, 2010
    NW Oregon
    My beloved "baby" girl ... purchased her at about 2 or 3 days old, while I was out test riding a two year old to buy. Needless to say, the two year old didn't come home with me that day! :greengrin: She came home instead a few months later.
    She's a gorgeous cutting/reining bred APHA Paint horse. She's now blind in one eye, after bumping her eye hard on a bucket one summer trying to scratch her forehead. Vets determined that she hit it "just right" and apparently killed the eye itself. Luckily she has crystal blue eyes so you cant really tell. And it doesn't bother her any.
    She's been everywhere with me over the past 17 years... As a baby she used to stand in the kitchen with me while I washed dishes (I was in college & living in a tiny 2nd home on a farm). hee hee... the good ol days.

She's one of those "Too smart for their own good" kinda girls. She loves to play dumb, till I call her bluff...then she gets this frustrated expression...like "FINE!" and then does what was asked of her. Her best talent is playing dumb... like "Oh my gosh, I've never seen a horse trailer before! SCARY!" (except for the other 100 times I've been in one of course!!)... silly girl!
    Thought a lot about breeding her over the years...but just never did. She's just gorgeous in conformation. These pics are terrible... She's got great ol' school super straight legs, just dead on perfect. Good solid bone, just like an old school wanna be halter horse that can actually get down and get it done... (like they used to do...but that's another story!)

Sorry I don't have better pics... she's a gorgeous TANK of a mare, VERY flashy...but rainy pics from Oregon is all I've got right now.

Attached Files:

19. Sunny Daze

Sunny Daze New Member

May 18, 2010
    Fairplay, MD
    Wow, those are some gorgeous horses. You guys have lots of color there!! Here are mine....

Espresso, TB/Perch cross, she was 2 in this picture.
    [​IMG]

Maggie, my pasture ornament :) She was a PMU mare. 3/4 Perch, 1/4 QH. We ride her from time to time but mainly she just hangs out and looks pretty :)
    [​IMG]

Anni, reg. Morgan mare. She is my lesson pony.
    [​IMG]

20. Maggie

Maggie New Member

Nov 5, 2010
    Floyd, Va
    I looove Romeo's color!