Show Me Your Website and I'll Show You Mine....

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by HollowbeadRanch, Oct 6, 2007.

1. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    Ok, I think I did this on GW a while back, but I thought there might be some new people on here so I figured we would start a new one for this forum :wink:

Here is a link to my website: http://www.freewebs.com/hollowbeadranch

I am still working on a Breeding Schedule and a few other things, but it is mostly finished. Please sign my Guestbook before you leave! And if you will post your website on here I would love to take a look at it!!!

You show me yours and I'll show you mine!!! 8)

2. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois

3. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Hey, I had a lady tell me it is illegal not to have your address on your website. Do you know is that true? I don't have it on because we have devil worshippers in our area and we also have black goats. I'd be afraid that somebody would take our goats and I don't want weirdos visiting my house.

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I see websites with addresses on them all the time.

how can it be illegal? Never heard of such a thing

5. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Same here, I don't have mine on there because of weirdos.

6. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I don't have mine on there ebcause don't want people just stopping by. I want to set up a date and time etc

7. getchagoat (Julie)

getchagoat (Julie) New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Waco, KY
    There's really not anything illegal about websites except the ones with inappropriate pics of kids.

8. HollowbeadRanch

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    Very nice website!!! I really like Muriel (sp?) I hope I spelled it right. She is very pretty!

I have never heard anything about it being illegal not to have your address on your website. Mine is on there just to give an idea of where we are located... but I am thinking about changing it to just Tuscumbia, AL 35674. That would be enough info for them to mapquest the mileage.

Love the website! And like I said before... I really like Knight Ryder :lol:

Keep those websites coming!!!

9. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    That is crazy. I never thought of that but I have my address on my website. I may take it off now. I haven't had anyone stop by or write me so I guess I was okay.

10. HollowbeadRanch

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    Yeah, I am the same. I haven't had any problems so far but I guess it wouldn't hurt to shorten it.

11. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
  12. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    looks nice Chelsey.

only one thing you might want to update.

it says on the first freshioner and junior doe pages "click on the doe to go to his page" might want to change that to "her"

13. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Yep, you spelled it right :) She's my favorite too.
    For me, I just say I'm in Lee County IL and that's it.

14. HollowbeadRanch

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    Chelsey, I have ALWAYS loved your website!! I was so very happy when you posted in my thread on GW that I could use your breeding schedule chart as a reference for mine!! Keep up the good work and my chart should be done within the next couple of days :wink:

15. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Thanks!

Stacey, thanks for telling me that! I saw that the other day and forgot to fix it :shock:

16. fritzie

fritzie New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    TENN
  17. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Heres mine...still try and work on it when I can, adding piccies and such...I'd like to add a pic of my barn once its finished, still in "final touches" phase. Please let me know what you think, I am open to ANY suggests .
    http://www.freewebs.com/lizssugarrunminis

18. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    it really looks nice.

The only thing I would work on is the first page with all that information, it is so long that I couldnt sit still long enough to read it all.

Might want to break it up with spacing and maybe a picture or two. Or even just some color differences for the words - bold type etc.

great work on it - websites aren't easy to put together!

19. goatshows

goatshows New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    MA