show off your goats and harnesses

Discussion in 'Pack and Working Goats' started by lacy_94, Oct 13, 2007.

1. lacy_94

lacy_94 New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    North Fla
    ok guy let show off are goats and harnesses or goat and packs. i dont have any pics right now of my redneck wagon but will get some soon.
    thanks,tayler

2. PACE

PACE New Member

Oct 8, 2007
    Mass
    I'd love pictures as well!

I'm training Melino right now... he's only 6 months old, so it'll be a while before I get him harnessed up. Maybe by spring I'll have a cart though... I HOPE!

Edited to add:I did work with Pace and Shanti when they were little and got to the stage of dragging things behind them.. but they are just too darn small! Maybe once I get a cart I'll use them as a team... but Melino is now my main focus. We just made little fleece harnesses-- nothing fancy!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. lacy_94

lacy_94 New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    North Fla
    awww they are adorible

4. goat fever

goat fever New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Carlisle, PA
    adam I couldn't get your pictures to come up. Maybe I am the only one having problems with it. Pace's photo's came up just fine. Any suggestions.

5. PACE

PACE New Member

Oct 8, 2007
    Mass
    I can see them fine...

Very nice pictures Adam! I love Cowboy!

6. lacy_94

lacy_94 New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    North Fla
  7. bigoakfarm

bigoakfarm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Kentucky
    DW - where did you get your cart(s) and harness? They fit each goat so well!

Kristen

8. DW Farms

DW Farms New Member

Oct 4, 2007
    Ohio
    The cart was Amish made, by a guy about an hour away, and I made the harness.

Adam

9. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Aww! They are all so cute! My goats would nnever cooperate :lol:

10. cute kids

cute kids New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    this is really awesome!! i've never tried this; how on earth do you train them?? cowboy is actually prancing along so fast! good for you, this has got to be fun.

11. goat fever

goat fever New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Carlisle, PA
    Wow nice pictures Adam. I was finally able to get them to come up. Cowboys looks like he loved pulling that cart. What kind of goat is Pepper he's cute. Nice Harness

12. DW Farms

DW Farms New Member

Oct 4, 2007
    Ohio
    Pepper

Pepper is a pygmy wether.. Thank you

Adam

13. Nupine

Nupine New Member

Nov 13, 2007
    South Eastern Ohio
    They all look great!!!!!!!!!! Any more??

14. heavenlyhaven

heavenlyhaven Senior Member

Apr 16, 2008
    Belmont, NY
    i made this pack out of a saddle bag i bought at TSC and some nylon webbing i bought online from jontay and some plastic snaps i bought at walmart
    [​IMG]

15. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    i'd like to start "packing" as we're in alaska, and have many trails, mountains etc... what breeds tolerate; crossing water, uphill, friendly & gentle? i'm thinking oberhalsi / alpine.

And: id like directions on making a pack saddle, can be easy, doesnt need a real wood saddle either. like the one above heavenlyhaven that's neat, can you give directions on how you made it? thanks

16. DW Farms

DW Farms New Member

Oct 4, 2007
    Ohio
    As far as I know there are not plans on the internet, Alot of people have made simple day packs, which work for small hikes, but if you are wanting to do alot of long distance, I would look in to getting a real packsaddle. Easier for you and better for the goat.

Adam