The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guy let show off are goats and harnesses or goat and packs. i dont have any pics right now of my ******* wagon but will get some soon.
thanks,tayler

·
Registered
399 Posts
I'd love pictures as well!

I'm training Melino right now... he's only 6 months old, so it'll be a while before I get him harnessed up. Maybe by spring I'll have a cart though... I HOPE!

Edited to add:I did work with Pace and Shanti when they were little and got to the stage of dragging things behind them.. but they are just too darn small! Maybe once I get a cart I'll use them as a team... but Melino is now my main focus. We just made little fleece harnesses-- nothing fancy!

·
Registered
139 Posts
adam I couldn't get your pictures to come up. Maybe I am the only one having problems with it. Pace's photo's came up just fine. Any suggestions.

·
Registered
192 Posts
this is really awesome!! i've never tried this; how on earth do you train them?? cowboy is actually prancing along so fast! good for you, this has got to be fun.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Wow nice pictures Adam. I was finally able to get them to come up. Cowboys looks like he loved pulling that cart. What kind of goat is Pepper he's cute. Nice Harness

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
i'd like to start "packing" as we're in alaska, and have many trails, mountains etc... what breeds tolerate; crossing water, uphill, friendly & gentle? i'm thinking oberhalsi / alpine.

And: id like directions on making a pack saddle, can be easy, doesnt need a real wood saddle either. like the one above heavenlyhaven that's neat, can you give directions on how you made it? thanks

·
Registered
41 Posts
As far as I know there are not plans on the internet, Alot of people have made simple day packs, which work for small hikes, but if you are wanting to do alot of long distance, I would look in to getting a real packsaddle. Easier for you and better for the goat.

Adam

1 - 17 of 17 Posts