Show Results

Discussion in 'Show Circuit' started by Just Kiddin', Jun 7, 2009.

1. Just Kiddin'

Just Kiddin' New Member

Nov 18, 2008
    Southern California
    We went to the same show that SDK went to yesterday so I thought I'd post our results. I'm waiting for her to post hers too because I didn't get to see her show. They had 3 rings going at once and I think Nubians were in one ring at the same time the Nigerians were in another ring. We did pretty good all in all.

Ring 1

Senior Doe Kid - 1st out of 4
    Senior Doe Kid - 2nd out of 4
    Dry Yearling - 6th out of 10
    Yearling Milker - 3rd out of 6
    2 year old milker - 3rd out 8 first freshner and needs more milk

Junior Buck Kid - 1st out of 3
    Yearling Buck - 1st out of 3
    2 Year old Buck - 1st out of 3
    3 Year old Buck - 1st out of 4

Ring 2

Senior Doe Kid - 1st out of 4
    Dry Yearling - 7th out of 10
    Yearling Milker - 3rd out of 6
    2 year old milker - 4th out 8

Ring 3

Senior Doe Kid - 3rd out of 4
    Dry Yearling - 6th out of 10
    Yearling Milker - 4th out of 6
    2 year old milker - 4th out 8

Our 2 year old buck went on to win Senior Champion and Grand Champion in Ring 1 and Reserve Senior Champion and Reserve Grand Champion in Ring 2. We were soooooooo excited because he gets his first champion leg!! :stars:

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    that is very exciting.

What is a senior doe kid?

Congratulations on the big win for your buck and congrats on the placings of your girls :cool:

3. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    Congrats!! That's great!!

Stacey; at our shows for pygmies they have senior and junior doe kids (depending when the kid was born). Our fair is senior's are born between Jan 1 - March 1 and Juniors are March 1 - May 31. But their's are probably different.

4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    that is wonderful news.......great job.... :wink: :greengrin: :leap:

5. Dover Farms

Dover Farms New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    NW Ohio
    Congrats!! You did do pretty good! :greengrin:

For ADGA shows, a Sr. Kid is one that is born 1/1/09-2/28/09, Intermediate Kids 3/1/09-3/31/09 and Jr. Kids are born 4/1/09 and after.

6. Just Kiddin'

Just Kiddin' New Member

Nov 18, 2008
    Southern California
    Thank you all! I wish our older girls would have done a little bit better but being first freshners it's hard to compete with those big udders on 3rd and 4th freshners LOL. They got a lot of praise and was told that once they grow out a little and freshen again they'll be great goats so I just have to be patient and wait for my girls to grow up LOL.
    Jacque is right on for the kids ages. Our senior doe kids were born Feb. 24th. We ended up coming home with another doe too. She was born in January so we'll have to wait for her to grow up too darn it. The buck can only win 2 champion legs himself and then his offspring have to win the last 2 for him. We only have 2 kids out of him so far so we'll have to get him busy with the girls so he can get his legs LOL. It was still very exciting to win that 1 leg and we came home with lots of ribbons and some pretty cool prizes.
    The buck belongs to my youngest son and my oldest son usually wins everything so you should have seen the look on the little ones face when his own buck won. It was priceless and if nothing else THAT made the day awesome!