Show today

Discussion in 'Show Circuit' started by RunAround, Jul 12, 2008.

1. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    The show went ok. I didn't really like the judge. Didn't agree with some of his placings. He seemed to be picking breeders he was "friends with". Don't get me wrong, some of the goats deserved their first or second place. he was just really annoying. I haven't had that happen before, yet.

Then in the middle of choosing Grand Champ junior doe he started going on about NAIS and how all the goats in New York are going to need to be tagged or something like that. It was really random. Then he was telling us that at ADGA shows leashes wont be allowed. Then someone said to him that we would just not enter shows that required NAIS or no leashes. Just Crazy that he brought that up at a AGS show when the AGS is against NAIS. Oh he also let over height goats show in the classes! He was just like oh well. Made up his own rules as he went along today.

Bambi got first in his class again. :dance:

Spice got third out of seven.. I think and Sugar got 5th. They were in the same class.

No one else did that good. lol

2. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Those are great placings!! Glad your "kids" did so well....I've never shown and don't foresee doing so but that judge certainly doesn't sound to have been very professional at all......sorry you had to deal with that but I hope you had fun.

3. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Thanks. I was proud of my junior girls and boy.

I think I even found a new girl. From Old Mountain Farm. Oh and Cheryl said she really liked Sugar! :thumb:

I wont be going to another show if it has that judge. I jut talked with my mom and I guess what he ment was that NY has been forced to show with tags in their goats in because they didn't vote pro NAIS and it was forced upon them. Or something like that. So he was trying to scare us into supporting the NAIS so they will still just take tattoo's and not make us Tag our goats ears.

4. heavenlyhaven

heavenlyhaven Senior Member

Apr 16, 2008
    Belmont, NY
    i'm from NY and our fair starts tomorrow
    i am showing with only tattoo's
    no tags from no one (scrapies/nais)
    matter of fact
    i got caught in the nais net and raised holy heaven and received a letter from nais's sarah blood and from assembly man guarentee'ing me that i have been removed from the nais database
    (i know that's no real guarentee - but still)

5. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Hmm.. Well I dunno. He was weird to just start some sort of speech unrelated to what he was doing at the time.

6. fcnubian

fcnubian New Member

Oct 22, 2007
    Congrats.

In 2006 my doe was placed last because she was the smallest doe. She was a senior doe kid then. Two months later at her next show she took 2nd in both rings! :cool: