Showing a Pregnant doe?

Discussion in 'Show Circuit' started by CottonwoodBoerGoats, Dec 30, 2020.

1. CottonwoodBoerGoats

CottonwoodBoerGoats Active Member

Jun 7, 2020
    PNW
    Is there a specific way to show a pregnant doe? I’m trying to plan on when I should breed my show doe based on the 2021 show season. Any information would be useful, thanks!

2. Sfgwife

Sfgwife Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2018
    North Cakalaki
    I am sure you will get more and better answers as i do not show. But i would not take a doe to a show bred. Too many things could go wrong with stress and sick.

3. groovyoldlady

groovyoldlady Goat Crazy!

Jul 21, 2011
    Central Maine
    You CAN show a pregnant doe in her normal class, but A. It is stressful on the doe and B. She will not score as well because the mammary system is so important in the scoring.

Having said that, I have done it before with a doe who was bred for fall babies.

4. Morning Star Farm

Morning Star Farm Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2018
    The only time I have shown bred does is when they are still juniors. Then it doesn't seem to affect their placings. I also only did it with my experienced doelings who were very used to travel and shows.

5. Goats Rock

Goats Rock Member

Jun 20, 2011
    NE Ohio
    There is always a risk of illness and disease. But everyone has to make their own choices based on their does. Some does love the show and attention and others, really stressful on them.

6. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California