The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my first fair next weekend! I am so excited! I am taking 2 does. A nubian and a Lamancha. I have already posted my nubian but not my other girl. Here she is. She is 4 months old. How
Do you think she will do?

Attachments

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
Well since she's just been shaved, she is all hunched, but I think her top line and rump would look pretty good when she is standing pretty ;) Body capacity and rear leg angulation look pretty good. Her brisket looks a little odd to me, though, I'm not sure why. I would also like to see her a little more smoothly blended towards the front. I would like to see her set up after she gets over being shaved :p

·
Boer Lover 4 Life!
2,991 Posts
Front pasterns look good and the body capacity is exceptional. I agree. Her topline and rump would look better if she was set up pretty. :) Good luck!

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you! Yeah she was pretty mad about being shaved! I had to tie her legs so I could shave them. LOL!

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you! When I stand her for the judge I know her legs have to be set back but do they also need to be set wider?

·
Premium Member
15,546 Posts
You just never really know how well a goat will do showing until you get there. You have to remember each judge is different and each show and class is different...sometimes you're showing against outstanding goats...not so outstanding goats...or average goats or a mix...it just depends. I think you have a pretty doeling there, but she does appear to have a roach back. Now maybe she's just standing like that? I don't know. You'll just have to show her and see how she does! :thumb:

·
Boer Lover 4 Life!
2,991 Posts
^^I agree. Also, listen to the judges comments when he goes through the the line up after he has placed everybody. That will help you understand where your goat is really good and where she is not so good.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok thanks! I just don't want to embarrass myself taking her. But this is just a local county fair. Also what do I wear? White pants and white shirt?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts