Sick 8 week old buckling/wether pygmy

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Frozenloc2, May 18, 2008.

1. Frozenloc2

Frozenloc2 New Member

Jan 12, 2008
    Northern Maryland
    I got him last weekend. He was banded, cd/t shot and wormed all on that day. He came from a guy who was keeping him in a dark spot in the barn. Never seen sunlight, felt rain, wind, or anything. I put him in with my baby buck cause he's going to be his playmate. Poor little fella doesn't come much out of the dog house. I supose he's still adjusting to light :shrug: He started eating grain a little. Today he has snotty nose, booger eyes and picking at the grain. No temp yet! I suppose he has a cold? I do not want it to progress into anything else cause of the stress. Not to mention he is a bit wild. Treat or not to treat? With what and how much if so? Does not sound raspy yet. The boogers are clear looking, not yellow or green.

2. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    Have you had a fecal done? I'd do that first, poor baby. Wouldn't hurt to give him some nutri-drench, maybe Vit B. I had a doe rip her horn last night and she perked up right after her I gave her a Vit B shot (per help from the folks on this forum).

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Nutri Drench 2-4ccs would be my first order of business and a fecal isn't a bad idea.

take his temp too.

VetRx in his nose will alleviate some of his symptoms