The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I have a seven week old goat kid who is having diarrhea, I am going to give her treatment (and a bath) for possible coccidiosis today but she just started going through this yesterday. She is acting normally and is definitely not skinny. None of the other kids have it and all of my goats seem normal and healthy. I have been raising them for five years and haven’t seen this before, does anyone have any suggestions as to what is going on and how to help?

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Hello! I have a seven week old goat kid who is having diarrhea, I am going to give her treatment (and a bath) for possible coccidiosis today but she just started going through this yesterday. She is acting normally and is definitely not skinny. None of the other kids have it and all of my goats seem normal and healthy. I have been raising them for five years and haven't seen this before, does anyone have any suggestions as to what is going on and how to help?
Have you changed anything in her diet? Have you moved her? I would give her Probios before treating her for coccidiosis...you could get get a fecal to tell what's causing it also.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Have you changed anything in her diet? Have you moved her? I would give her Probios before treating her for coccidiosis...you could get get a fecal to tell what's causing it also.
She has eaten the same type of feed and same amount along with hay, I haven't moved her either. Although, it has been slightly dryer rn which has brought less grass? And thank you I will try giving her some of that for help!

·
Registered
Goat Mentor
7,511 Posts
And give this

Tummy Trouble Paste:

1/2 teaspoon of cayenne, cinnamon, slippery elm bark powder, and ginger (can be substituted for a slice of raw ginger the size of a quarter about 1/2 cm thick). Blend with 1 raw clove of garlic, molasses, apple cider vinegar, and enough water to drench.

Give 2-4 times daily.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.