The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a little doe that is sick. She has diarrhea and her eyelids are white, but they all were recently dewormed. She is also hunching like she is cold and puffing out her fur. We have had a few that had similar systems and they would go from being healthy to dead within a day. One of the other ones was a baby about 6 months old and had a swallow neck.

I think it might be coccidia. Can anyone help me confirm this or give suggestions on treatment?

·
Registered
30,585 Posts
Swollen neck could be bottle jaw?Cocci does not cause bottle jaw... this is either barpole worm or Liver fluke..the white eyes are anemia..

for kids I would choose Vabazen 1 cc per 10# 3 times 10 days apart then againin 30 days
Adults and pregnant does choose Ivomec PLUS 1 cc per 40# sub Q 3 times 10 days apart then againin 30 days
For anemia
Red cell 6 ccper 100# double day one reg. dose for a week then once a week until good color returns
daily Vit B 12
mix 50/50 ACV/water then dose 20cc daily
high protien feeds, alfalfa and green leaves..if she is runny no feed until sh epoops berries
keep her hydrated

Homemade Electrolytes

A half gallon of hot water
2-6 Tablespoons of Unsulphured Blackstrap Molasses
1-2 Tablespoons of Either Sea Salt, Epsom Salt, Baking Soda or Table Salt.
1 cup of Apple Cider Vinegar

Mix well and drench or let them drink it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I ran a search on Vabazen and I'm getting results for Valbazen and just wondering if that was a typo or if google is lying to me.

·
Registered
30,585 Posts
Yep Type O :D Valbazen it is : )

Only Valbazen and Ivomec PLUS kill liver fluke

1 - 7 of 7 Posts