The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a young buck who has been acting abnormal the past few days. We were gone all weekend...but I noticed yesterday at feed time he was quiet(he usually hollars to eat) and laying down. He ate for a bit but not as usual. And today he was laying again. I went to sit by him & he just put his head in my lap. No idd symptom appearances he does look a little diatended in the abdomen...ia about it. I didn't know if I should hit him up w some wormer or vitamin b complex? Or wait n see How it goes!
Thanks

·
Banned
5,944 Posts
What has your weather been like? There is nothing quite like hot days and cool nights to bring on pneumonia. I agree with toth boer goats, get a temperature as soon as possible.

·
Registered
30,656 Posts
Agreed..A temp will tell you a whole lot....also check him for bloat...left side hard and distended? Check his inner lower eye lids for color..deep pink to red is what you want to see...pale to white is anemic

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Temp was normal and today he's back up! Has been out tp graze and all. Idk what was up! Just a few lazy days!? Thanks all!!! :)

·
Registered
30,656 Posts
So happy he feels better...they do keep us worried don't they? Could be he ate something that upset his tummy...always a good idea to grab the thermometer when ever a goat act off, check eye lid color, make sure they are pooping berries, peeing just fine (especially the bucks and wethers)...if all is normal..B complex can help boost their spirits if they are having an off day...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts