The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a buckling who is 5 weeks old. 4days ago, started with diarrhea, got really bad, to the point of it being like water and squirting out. Day before I treated with banamine, c&d antitoxin, b12, penicillin orally. Diarrhea got some consistency to it but not gone. Next day did pepto, and all the above again. He seemed ok, not hunched, tail up and walking around with others. Yesterday he stopped eating, only took 6 oz in the morning and 3 oz last night. This morning still not eating, tried to force some pepto with the dimethox in it but only got about 3 cc in him. I have him in the house under a heat lamp as it was in the 40's here and he was cold. I was hoping that by raising his body temp he might eat. Any suggestions? I know if something doesnt turn around I will lose him.

Thanks
Lori

·
Registered
4,251 Posts
That is good to hear he is doing better, hold off on any B till a day or two after you are finished with the cocci treatment. Cocci thrive on B vitamins(esp thiamin)

·
Premium Member
23,224 Posts
He is definately not going to be up to eating a whole lot, but I would make sure that he stays hydrated, it does sound as though he is improving..it will take a few days before he is himself again, I hope the dimethox does the job. My little doe was just recently diagnosed and treated a week ago, she is ALOT better now though a bit lighter...she started out at 11lbs on Wednesday and is now 8#, this "condition" takes alot out of them and please, if possible be sure to pick up any poo other kids may come in contact with..just as a preventive measure.

Glad he is responding to your treatment, it's gonna get better each day. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts