The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 1 1/2 yr old FF doe is off feed she was fine last night this morning she keeps yawning making moaning noises is up walking around does look or feel bloated temp and poo is fine I am thinking there may have been a bad weed in her hay any suggestions?

·
Registered
30,611 Posts
When A goat goes off feed C D Antitoxin is needed...fortified B complex will give her the B1 she needs until she is back to eating...if she is bloated,,,1 teaspoon Baking soda in enough water to drench..then message her left side bounce her and walk her repeat until you hear rumen action....(burps ect..)

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When A goat goes off feed C D Antitoxin is needed...fortified B complex will give her the B1 she needs until she is back to eating...if she is bloated,,,1 teaspoon Baking soda in enough water to drench..then message her left side bounce her and walk her repeat until you hear rumen action....(burps ect..)
It's definitely not bloat I will try the B and antitoxin

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
She's not pregnant is she? Sounds like signs of labor.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
She is better so I have no idea what it was other then a upset tummy I went to check on her and give her anti toxin and she was back to normal so I am just going to keep eye on her all I can figure is maybe her tummy was upset and the baking soda fixed it for her or what ever it was worked itself out on its own thx for all the help

·
Registered
30,611 Posts
glad she is feeling better...any time a goat is off feed has the runs or acts off in any way..cd antitoxin wont hurt and can help..even save a life...

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
glad she is feeling better...any time a goat is off feed has the runs or acts off in any way..cd antitoxin wont hurt and can help..even save a life...
The odd thing is since she gave birth 7 weeks ago she has had clumpy poo I have wormed her and she has still had clumpy poo and this morning for the first time it was formed goat poo and she was sick go figure she is my problem child always making me worry thx for the info about the antitoxin I was thinking that but wasnt sure

·
Registered
30,611 Posts
clumpy poo is common after birthing...also wet graze or too much graze, change in feed or too much feed...and worms...
what are you worming with? have you had a fecal done? what is her condition? fit, fat, thin, hair is shiny glossy or coarse? lower inner eye lids are pale, pink, bright pink or red? compared to this eye chart?
http://goat-link.com/content/view/110/107/#.UdxYtT6DTL8
I copied this chart and take it with me to check my goats eyes....
once you establish if she is wormy or not and if so what worm then you know how to treat..if she is not wormy then you check the other reasons listed...

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I didn't have fecal done i was just told to worm 3 xs 10 day apart after kidding I use ivromectin and valzben she is this and coat is course but slowly improving I believe kids are just taking alot out of her her eyelid color is good but it is very wet around here we are going on 3rd week of rain and each doe has seem have had 1 day of loose stool then better by night fall except her she has had clumpy poo for 7 weeks till today

·
Registered
30,611 Posts
The wet weather will do it....as long as she is well other wise I wouldnt worry too much unless it turns watery...do keep watch for mold in hay and feed...Mold causes Polio..wet weather brings mold...feed and mineral should be changed daily to prevent mold...My first poilio case was do to wet weather causing mold in my feed...understand the signs and having thiamine on hand is important...or at least Fortifed B complex..
some of the signs are: off feed, star gazing..stretching the neck back ward..crying in pain....Thiamine or fortified B complex is the treatment..I alwasy give C D Antitoxin as well until the goat is eating wll..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts