The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just want to make sure I've got all of my bases covered. I have a doe that was really pale. She has also been acting off. I dosed her with 3 mL ivomec plus sub Q on Saturday. Well, today she still seems really off. She has a little nasal discharge and her temp was 104.8 (it's really hot outside and she was laying in the sun). I went ahead and dosed her with 6 mL penn and 5 mL b complex. Is there anything else you can think of I should do? She is one of my favorites and has 1 month old twins. She is kind of shying away from them as we'll.

·
Registered
30,611 Posts
sounds like you covered everything...worms, illness and anemia : )
offer her electrolytes and fresh green leaves ...and some probiotic a few hours after her last Pen G shot to keep good bacteria in the gut..

Homemade Electrolytes

A half gallon of hot water
2-6 Tablespoons of Unsulphured Blackstrap Molasses(or what you have on hand or honey)
1-2 Tablespoons of Either Sea Salt, Epsom Salt, Baking Soda or Table Salt.
1 cup of Apple Cider Vinegar

Mix well and drench or let them drink it.

·
Registered
30,611 Posts
If you place a large syringe between her jaws that will keep her some biting down on you..

·
Registered
30,611 Posts
If she is drinking..you can offer electrolytes and seeif she wants some..but I wouldnt drench unless she is dehydrated...no need to stress her ..
Chewing a cud is good :)

·
Registered
30,611 Posts
I can understand that...I love all my goaties but I do have a few Ihave had for several years Im very attached to...;)

·
Registered
30,611 Posts
Great news : )

1 - 16 of 16 Posts