The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have no idea what is wrong our six month old goat. Seemed fine this morning but all of a sudden won't get up or move. He is eating if I put food right in front of his face.
If I pick him up and standing on his feet he just keeps laying back down. He is usually very active

·
Registered
30,577 Posts
Get his temp ASAP...Check his eyes for color....Get him up and watch his stance..are his legs weak, does he stand straight?

Do you live in white tail deer area?

·
14,615 Posts
Do you think he's bloated? If so DO NOT let him lay down. Force him up & walk him.
Any foaming at the mouth?
Temp?
Pee? Poop?
We need more info.

·
Registered
30,577 Posts
givehim a good feel...see if there is swelling..hot area, check his hooves for thorns or injury.....if he seems more weak then hurt..crosses one leg over another...unsteady gate., eye activity abnormal,?..could be he has polio.listeriosis or Deer worm ...fast action is needed for all three ...

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
They are pink when you pull his eye down
Evening shot of penicillin some Gatorade and yogurt with vitamin B

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No I didn't :( I don't have a thermometer went to the local stores and they don't even sell them.
Nearest Walmart is 30 miles away
I don't want to leave buck for that long.

·
Registered
30,577 Posts
LEts assume his temp is low and warm him up...make a tent over him with a large towel or blanket and use a blow dryer to warm the air around him....rub him briskly to stimulate him..even make him mad... If you have CD ANtitoxin..he sounds like he needs it..Milk of magnesia if you dont have C D Antitoxin...

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
My husband usually dies the shots but I've watched I will give him one now. He's in the house in a playpen. I will try to get him warmed up.

·
Registered
30,577 Posts
Be sure its c d antitoxin, not cd&t :D Best wishes

1 - 20 of 57 Posts