Sick Goat Stall Plans

Discussion in 'Barnyard Bananza' started by Native87, Jul 28, 2010.

1. Native87

Native87 New Member

I am going to make a stall specifically for goats that arent feeling good. It will have a fence that goes out for some grass and they can still see their compadres so maybe that will cut the stress. Besides the basic water, food, mineral/baking soda containers what if anything else do you suggest?

I am also going to put hay down for bedding and will clean all that out after each "patient" and replace with new.

Any and all suggestions will be appreciated. :book:

2. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Good idea, depending on the illness the goat may have, a way to sanitize the area as well as the food and water containers would be good.

3. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    yeah, If I could I'd make a stall with concrete flooring.. easier to sanitize!!
    Now I have a stall with wood flooring, I still mop it after each sick goat.

4. dtincoelemari

dtincoelemari New Member

Nov 16, 2010
    Arizona
    I saw something like this in a horse stable. They had 2 stalls away from all of the rest that made it so the horses could still see eachother and chat. They concreted the floor and put a drain in the middle. Then put those big rubber matts over that. The rubber matts were removible so they could be taken out and washed and the concrete could be sanitized. Then they put plexiglass sheets over the lower half (wooden section) of the walls. And from what I saw it seemed like a great idea to me =) :thumb:

5. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I agree.... something that is easy to sanitize... is the best method...for a sick bay..... :wink: