The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 5 week old tn fainting goat, he has starting having diarrhea today and I currently am bottle feeding, he is now pushing ths bottle away and want take it, how do make the diarrhea stop? I am new to having a goat.

·
Banned
5,944 Posts
How much milk and how often? Are you feeding cow's milk or milk replacer? If milk replacer, how much protein and fat does it contain? How long have you had your kid? Does he have access to any other feed? What do the scours look like - color and consistency? Do they smell bad?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am feeding him 1 tall baby bottle of milk replacer that I got at tractor supply I have had him for 1 week yesterday, he has been drinking it fine all week and yesterday after it stormed it seemed like it started... I have tried getting him to eat some pellet type goat feed but he isn't eating it yet. The scours seem to be light brown no blood a little mucus looking but no foul smell

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I mixed full strength on what it said, the man I bought him from was feeding him goat milk from walmart in the grocery section I done that for 3 days but he seemed to get strangled on it everytime...he seemd much better today and back to being playful and wanting to drink. I got him some alfalfa hay and I picked up some wormer that I have to give him made that will help

1 - 5 of 5 Posts