Sick little kid

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Kupres, Oct 18, 2009.

1. Kupres

Kupres Guest

Oct 6, 2009
    G'day everyone,, firstly I have to apologize if I am posting in th incorect section... Anayway so I have a little baby kid I am feeding of th bottle,, actually I have two twins.. One of thin is powering on no problems,, however the slightly smaller one seems to have a problem.. Problem is every 7 days or so he gets a really bloted stomach and doesn't eat for a day or so and becomes very larthargic,, has anyone ever experienced anything like this??? & maybe knows what is happening & what I sholud do??

Regards. Jason.

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    hey Jason -- I will move this to the caprine special care.

as to yoru little one -- what are you feeding the babies? replacer, goats milk, cows milk etc

how much are you feeding per bottle?

how many bottles are they getting a day?

TO much food at once can cause bloat -- the wrong kind of relacer can do this as wlel. The wrong rate of mixture of a replacer can have adverse effects too.

3. Kupres

Kupres Guest

Oct 6, 2009
    Thankyou for placing the post in the corect area. Firstly I have been feeding them a low lactose goat powder formula(di-vetalact) I have been folowing the directions with regards to powder-water ratios corectley,, one given scoop pr 50ml of water. Anaway he usually drinks about 200-250ml pr sitting 3xpr day. But last meal he was especially hungry & drank about 350ml. Looks like this may be the problem. Is there anything I can do? He seems to b in a bit of pain, screaming a bit. Thanks for your help thus far.

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    what breed of goat is he?

how old is he?

5. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    I'd get some baking soda into him. Suddenly getting more formula than he is use to will upset his stomach.

6. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I agree ... :)
    just let him.....eat the portion... that doesn't allow bloat ....then as he gets older...try to increase....slightly ....if he bloats.... again back off the amount....good luck... :wink: :hug:

How old is he?

7. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    hope he gets better for ya, good advice given :thumb:

8. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

try putting a little more water and a little less replacer in the mixture then the package reccomends...i have heard of a lot of kids bloating on different replacers.
    beth