Sick

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by TCOLVIN, Jan 13, 2021.

1. TCOLVIN

TCOLVIN TKC Farms

Sep 21, 2014
    Cobbtown, Ga.
    Well I have went thru enough problems with goats in the past 6 years with everything imaginable. I have listen to posts openly and adjusted diets, hay, medicines, vitamins, garlic, herbals and more. Many and most of the times have come out on top, goat well and me happy. Now the shoe has changed feet. For the past week, day and night, I’ve spent in my recliner sick as a dog. To make matters worse I caught it from the wife and now both of us have been doing mechanical things like, “installing rear ends in recliners.” Lol , Believe me that’s as funny as it gets. I believe we picked it up at a funeral wake of a dear friend of mine. I am hearing that several of the family is dealing with the Covid. Both of us have never been so sore and just wore out with this epidemic. First few nights couldn’t sleep and then the upset stomachs and every last part of your body aches. I have always been one to jump up and go feed at feeding time but now it has become my biggest hurdle twice a day. I literally have to push my self out the door. This Friday I’m suppose to start the first Cocci prevention day for the new borns. I hope I can muster up the energy by then to do it. I am seeing now on the news where some zoo animals that they say has come down with Covid. Can my goats catch it from me. My helper also has had his bought with this. This Friday will be a week. I’m ready to get out of here but just don’t feel like it yet.

2. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oh no! I hope you feel better soon. How awful.

3. MadHouse

MadHouse Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear that.

4. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

Tea, garlic, vitamine C, and hot baths. Good luck. Please get better soon.

bekscott and MadHouse like this.
  5. Goats Rock

Goats Rock Member

Jun 20, 2011
    NE Ohio
    Sounds silly, but maybe wear rubber gloves and a mask when you go to feed and spend a minimal amount of time with the goats. I don't know if they can catch covid, but it's such a stupid virus, anything is possible.
    Feel better soon!

GoofyGoat and MadHouse like this.
  6. jschies

jschies Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2014
    I hope that you and your wife feel better soon!

7. happybleats

happybleats Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Gustine Texas
    Prayers for quick healing!! Doesnt sounds fun at all. I agree with hot teas, hot epsom salt bathes and lots of vit c. We also make a garlic and ginger tonic here w hen ever something tries to sneak in.
    It has alot of chopped garlic and ginger in a chicken base broth. Let me find the recipe.

MadHouse likes this.
  8. happybleats

happybleats Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Gustine Texas
    Garlic and ginger tonic.
    We dont measure..the more turmeric and garlic you can handle the better. Ginger is a thumb size piece chopped small.

Chicken broth with tumeric, pepper, salt, ginger and garlic. The more garlic and tumeric you can stand the better. Simmer until garlic and ginger are soft. Eat everything, garlic and all. You can blend it smooth if its easier to eat that way.

Boers4ever, GoofyGoat, Tanya and 2 others like this.
  9. TCOLVIN

TCOLVIN TKC Farms

Sep 21, 2014
    Cobbtown, Ga.
    Thanks

happybleats and MadHouse like this.
  10. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

@happybleats thats the same recipe I use..... it really eases the symptoms allot.

happybleats and MadHouse like this.
  11. JML Farms

JML Farms Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2020
    Booger County Texas
    So sorry....we too were at a family members funeral and 8 have caught it! Some show no symptoms, some are sick. Me?? I'm just sick of the whole virus! Prayers for you!

MadHouse likes this.
  12. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  13. TCOLVIN

TCOLVIN TKC Farms

Sep 21, 2014
    Cobbtown, Ga.
    Thanks to all for your prayers and concerns. I went to bed last night at 8:00pm and didn’t even get up to go to bathroom all night. Never woke up until the 6:20am alarm went off. Maybe this is a game changer. Praise GOD!

14. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Prayers for a quick recovery. Sleep is a wonderful thing.

15. GoofyGoat

GoofyGoat Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2018
    TEXAS
    Feel better soon! Ginger tea with honey helps a lot to.

MadHouse likes this.
  16. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Hope things get better soon.

MadHouse likes this.
  17. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

How are you and your wife feeling? I hope you guys are ok!

18. Boers4ever

Boers4ever Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2020
    East Texas
    Yes how are y’all?

MadHouse likes this.
  19. TCOLVIN

TCOLVIN TKC Farms

Sep 21, 2014
    Cobbtown, Ga.
    We have turn the corner thank GOD. Appetite coming back, energy level slowly coming back and sleeping good at night. The wife is much better but still weak. Yesterday I had to repair Hotwire and fix a gate and some posts my Billy had loosened. Worked about 4 hours on it. Changed battery on my solar charger and converted a Hotwire behind the gate to being fixed on the gate. After 2 falls for me because of stepping over it, I decided to fasten it to the gate permanently so it swings with the gate now when opened. It works great and stays hot all the time. I don’t have to turn it off and on. I’ll post some pics when I make them this evening if I don’t forget. Thanks for the concerns.

20. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

So glad you are getting healthy. Please stay safe

MadHouse likes this.