*sigh*

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by goathappy, Feb 11, 2008.

1. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Yesterday was day 150 for Raven, she has no udder, she has her ligs, and she hasn't dropped. So unless she's one to do everything really fast, I don't think she's pregnant by the first buck :mecry: :tears: :GAAH:

Oh well, I guess Caesar babies will still be nice :p

2. morganslil1

morganslil1 Guest

Nov 12, 2007
    One things for sure these girls love keep you waiting and wondering.When would ravens next due date be?

3. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    March 13, but I'm still hoping she'll drop a bomb on me and kid in the next five days :D

4. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

who would she have been bred to now if she had settled. From the sounds of it she didn;t if she came into heat three weeks later and judging by your next due date she did. Then she more then likely will kid then.
    Ceaser is my favorite of your bucks.
    beth

5. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Here is the dam of the first buck she was bred to: http://shadylawnfarmgoats.com/zap.htm The sire of the buck was Premier Sire this year.

I was just hoping that there might have been just a little chance that she could have been pregnant by the first buck. If she had been pregnant by the first buck I was going to keep a buck out of her. :wink:

6. morganslil1

morganslil1 Guest

Nov 12, 2007
    Very nice hopefully she will have a nice surprise for you in the next 5 days.

7. morganslil1

morganslil1 Guest

Nov 12, 2007
    Sarah Caesar is quiet handsome.

8. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

Nice doe, really nice doe. But i still like ceaser too. I bet you will get some nice kids out of him.
    beth

9. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Thanks, Caesar is my baby, he's soooooooo sweet. Raven's a big goof :p She walks around the barn giving me back rubs and licking my hands. I was hoping Raven would be pregnant by the first buck so that I could keep an unrelated buck(I'm keeping a bunch of Caesar's daughters) guess I'll have to start buck shopping :D

10. Dover Farms

Dover Farms New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    NW Ohio
    Sorry that she hasn't kidded yet, but there is still some hope. :) If not, like you said...Caesar babies will still be nice! :D And yeah, goat shopping is ALWAYS fun! :p :lol:

So, where were you thinking about getting your next buck anyways? I think there was someone you were talking about, but I can't remember. Please refresh my memory! :roll: :lol:

11. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    I'm not sure yet, I was hoping to get one from Tempo, but the two does I liked the best, one aborted and the other had twin does :( I'll have to talk to my mom, but I'm thinking maybe Shady Lawn :)

12. Dover Farms

Dover Farms New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    NW Ohio
    Does Tempo have a website? What about Autumn Acres? Or does she not have the lines you are looking for? Shady Lawn is nice! They have really pretty does. :)

13. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    You could buy Mary Jane bred lol. Shady Lawn has some nice goats, I like Classy Doll and Southern Belle alot. I also really like Tenley :greengrin:

14. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Jacque, yep, Tempo just got a website, I saw it advertised in UCN, its http://www.ruhigestelle.com I thought about Autumn-Acres but I'd really like to buy from a herd that's on official test so that I can compare BF, protein and milk production. I don't really like to rely on just barn records.

Chelsey, I really like Tenley too :) My favs are Big Star, Peggy and Dharma :)

15. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Oh, and I'd love to get Mary Jane, but I can't really add another adult doe right now and I don't have the money :sigh:

16. Muddy Creek Farm

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Ohj I really really like Peggy, I must have missed her :roll:

17. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

who had you picked a buck out of from the tempo herd. I have a couple that i really like. And of course a few alpines as well. They have two half sisters to one of my bucks who look awsome!
    beth

18. Muddy Creek Farm

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    I can't find any links on the Tempo site... Where are they?

19. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    I didn't have any reservations of course but the two does I liked the most were Mia and Elinor.

20. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    You have to click download herd list toward the top of the page below the site name to see all their animals.