The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday was day 150 for Raven, she has no udder, she has her ligs, and she hasn't dropped. So unless she's one to do everything really fast, I don't think she's pregnant by the first buck :mecry: :tears: :GAAH:

Oh well, I guess Caesar babies will still be nice :p

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
who would she have been bred to now if she had settled. From the sounds of it she didn;t if she came into heat three weeks later and judging by your next due date she did. Then she more then likely will kid then.
Ceaser is my favorite of your bucks.
beth

·
Registered
4,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here is the dam of the first buck she was bred to: http://shadylawnfarmgoats.com/zap.htm The sire of the buck was Premier Sire this year.

I was just hoping that there might have been just a little chance that she could have been pregnant by the first buck. If she had been pregnant by the first buck I was going to keep a buck out of her. :wink:

·
Registered
4,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks, Caesar is my baby, he's soooooooo sweet. Raven's a big goof :p She walks around the barn giving me back rubs and licking my hands. I was hoping Raven would be pregnant by the first buck so that I could keep an unrelated buck(I'm keeping a bunch of Caesar's daughters) guess I'll have to start buck shopping :D

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Sorry that she hasn't kidded yet, but there is still some hope. :) If not, like you said...Caesar babies will still be nice! :D And yeah, goat shopping is ALWAYS fun! :p :lol:

So, where were you thinking about getting your next buck anyways? I think there was someone you were talking about, but I can't remember. Please refresh my memory! :roll: :lol:

·
Registered
4,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm not sure yet, I was hoping to get one from Tempo, but the two does I liked the best, one aborted and the other had twin does :( I'll have to talk to my mom, but I'm thinking maybe Shady Lawn :)

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Does Tempo have a website? What about Autumn Acres? Or does she not have the lines you are looking for? Shady Lawn is nice! They have really pretty does. :)

·
Registered
4,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Jacque, yep, Tempo just got a website, I saw it advertised in UCN, its http://www.ruhigestelle.com I thought about Autumn-Acres but I'd really like to buy from a herd that's on official test so that I can compare BF, protein and milk production. I don't really like to rely on just barn records.

Chelsey, I really like Tenley too :) My favs are Big Star, Peggy and Dharma :)

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
who had you picked a buck out of from the tempo herd. I have a couple that i really like. And of course a few alpines as well. They have two half sisters to one of my bucks who look awsome!
beth

1 - 20 of 23 Posts