The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently moved a paddock along the road beside my driveway. I am getting daily people driving by,stopping at looking at my animals, lots! This I can handle, but twice this week alone I had people walk up my driveway (50 feet) and people let themselves onto my property to pet my mini horses and alpacas. And walk in the barn. It’s so violating, I work very hard to create my personal paradise, I do enjoy sharing with family and friends, but the sense of entitlement of others, and rudeness just to come on my property drives me nuts. Then when I ask them to leave, I am the bad guy and they are so surprised...

Gates go up this week. Want to post a sign, like a cute poem, something like
Private property, please respect our privacy
We enjoy our farm after all the chores are done, it’s a lot of work, if you’d like to share chores you are welcome to enjoy them as well.
Or running a farm requires lots of work, you can help out too ...donations welcome (with donation box) if I got a few bucks for my trouble it may ease my irritation

Any creative people out there to help my nicely say get the ---- out unless you can offer some value to me?

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
LOL! once is saw a sign on the internet and it said

NO TRESPASSING!!
Unless, of course, you can get across the pasture in 9 seconds, because the bull can do it in 10!

I would do somethin like THAT!!! LOL!!!

·
Registered
31,071 Posts
With 2 great danes we don't have many just stop in but if we did we might try this..
For an appointment to see our animals please call 000-000-0000 (your number)
Visitors without an appointment will be charged double.

·
Registered
31,071 Posts
Or better yet..make a sign that says

thank you for stopping by uninvited.
I'm heading to your house now.

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
I recently moved a paddock along the road beside my driveway. I am getting daily people driving by,stopping at looking at my animals, lots! This I can handle, but twice this week alone I had people walk up my driveway (50 feet) and people let themselves onto my property to pet my mini horses and alpacas. And walk in the barn. It's so violating, I work very hard to create my personal paradise, I do enjoy sharing with family and friends, but the sense of entitlement of others, and rudeness just to come on my property drives me nuts. Then when I ask them to leave, I am the bad guy and they are so surprised...

Gates go up this week. Want to post a sign, like a cute poem, something like
Private property, please respect our privacy
We enjoy our farm after all the chores are done, it's a lot of work, if you'd like to share chores you are welcome to enjoy them as well.
Or running a farm requires lots of work, you can help out too ...donations welcome (with donation box) if I got a few bucks for my trouble it may ease my irritation

Any creative people out there to help my nicely say get the [email protected] out unless you can offer some value to me?
I Like all of your ideas for the sign. But, do you really want people to come and do Chores? If not, I wouldn't write it, because someone might take you up on it.
My brother has a farm that is right next to a public hiking trail. The trail goes between his house and the paddock. He has a little box for selling eggs with a money can. Maybe you can use the situation to your advantage. :clever:

·
Registered
31,071 Posts
^^^I agree..fun signs give us a chuckle but being clear is important

Reactions: MadHouse

·
Registered
815 Posts
I ordered a banner for my gate - Says Nigerian Dwarf Milk Goats, picture like what shows here - my phone number and message saying to call for appointment to visit or price animals. We also have a light chain on the gate that we can lock. The banner was only around 10.00 from Vistaprint.

Reactions: MadHouse
1 - 12 of 12 Posts