The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a bottle baby goat living in the house. Husband is of course not THRILLED, but not fighting it. (They normally stay in barn in spring, summer, and fall. Winter they stay in house) Not my first rodeo or my husbands either lol. So today my dad asks my husband "how do you like your new son?" To which my husband replies "eh, whatever. It's not the first and won't be the last."

Good thing he knows this! :) Makes it a lot easier.

When my sister in law called and asked if I would raise a bottle baby goat I didn't even ask because I knew he wouldn't care. :) I think he secretly likes the babies.

·
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Every now and then my hubby volunteers to bottle feed lol

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
My hubby liked the bottle babies because they kept me busy like a human baby does. The more distracted I am, the less of his "honey-do" list I remember. ;)

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Mine probably wishes I forgot the honey-do list thanks to the goats. Nope, I am the one that starts thinking "let's get a buck...." and starts that journey by thinking of how we could fund it. Hmmm, t
Let's sell the four rolls of new barb wire, TWO of which we had nearly unspooled 2/3 of the way before deciding to get goats and realized we would need field fencing. Oh, and let's throw in the stuff that was older and already up to get it out of here to make room for the other two rolls of field fencing that still need to go up. Guess who got a bite on that ad within 3-4 hours of posting it? Guess who spent the next two days spooling wire? Guess who had $200 to put towards a goatie that weekend? Me, us, and me again. Guess who that goatie prefers to follow around? Him. He's just glad I thought ahead to find a way to mostly fund the goat. I'm going through my house and putting tons of other stuff on craigslist that needs to go (I've been feeling that way for a while, but the goat was good motivation). Now to post the Touareg headlamp trays we no longer need, since we don't have the vehicle any more. After all, I'd like more fencing and a milk parlor.....

·
Registered
363 Posts
I have always had a love for animals and have fostered many volunteered at wildlife rehabilitation places and etc. He has always put up with it with not much complaint. He wasn't to thrilled the day he came home and I had 6 lil baby skunks in a pen in the yard, but he put up with it. He ALWAYS talks about how he just HATES cats and cant stand them. Although when he thinks your not looking hes always petting them and loving on them. For some reason EVERY cat we have ever had that we have either gotten a a kitten, adopted, rescued or showed up except 1 chose him as there favorite person in the house. The only one that didn't was the wildest one we ever caught and rescued, she preferred myself and my daughter, ignored the DH and sons as if they didn't even exist!

The reason we have goats.....my DH wanted them!!!!!

·
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My husband would get rid of every animal here except his mini pig if it were up to him. The only reason we got his mini pig was to get a friend for my pig lol. The goats, the chickens, the turkey's, Great Pyrenees and other pig he would sell if I didn't want it.

We don't have many bottle babies so he knows it is usually once a year. I'm sure he is thankful for that! I haven't had a bottle baby from my goats in two years. It is usually friends baby goats they don't have time to bottle feed and they call me to see if I'll do it.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Well, I suppose goats are cheaper than a horse (I miss having horses so bad), so feeding this goat thing is easier than getting the horse.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts