silly question

Discussion in 'Dairy Diaries' started by countryboy, Apr 5, 2009.

1. countryboy

countryboy New Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Do ya'lls goats pee or poo while being milked? I have seen people say they milk them from behind and would like to know the answer to this question before I would find out myself.

2. PotterWatch

PotterWatch New Member

Jan 23, 2009
    So. California
    I haven't had one pee, but I have had one poop. She seems to do it when she is annoyed with me though, like if she finishes her grain before I finish milking.

3. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Never had that happen! LOL....They're too excited about getting fed to make a mess on the stand!

4. Thanatos

Thanatos New Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Lake Ariel, Pa
    Luna has never done either when milkin. Kick, lay down, step in bucket, escape yes never poo or pee.

5. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    No question is silly...we have to learn some way...... :wink:

My does "boers" are not milk goats ...but I do milk them out ..for drying up purposes....they have never pee'd...one may of pooed though....... :wink:

6. rebelshope

rebelshope New Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Nope, none of the above.

7. lesserweevil

lesserweevil New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Whiss has pooped while milking before... and if I leave her locked on the stand to finish her grain she usually poops and pees all over it so that it is like a skating rink - but that doesnt really count as "during" milking. Now I always undo the latch to let her finish her grain so that she can remove herself when she gets bored and go poop/pee someplace else! (doesnt ALWAYS work) =]

LW

8. nhsmallfarmer

nhsmallfarmer New Member

Apr 14, 2008
    New Hampshire
    cant say I found that question to be silly at all

nope never had one pee or poop while milking

as for the milking behind I dont do that either, I have seen in old time pictures though and the goat just stand there no grain no nothing :shrug: I have thought no way my does would do that without either someone holding them or grain, maybe I will google it and see why they did it way back when

9. Amy Goatress

Amy Goatress New Member

Oct 1, 2008
    Never had one pee or poop while being milked.

10. K-Ro

K-Ro New Member

Oct 13, 2007
    Texas
    The only time mine have peed and/or pood was as a FF when first learning to be milked or right after kidding (within the first 2 weeks of kidding), after that none at all.

11. kannm

kannm New Member

Mar 18, 2009
    Be careful you don't get kicked. But, it could happen from the side too.

12. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Oh yeah, I've had them poo like crazy and one peed once. :roll:

13. rebelshope

rebelshope New Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Gee I said nope and they I had Chey, who had a retained placenta do a real icky as i was milking her, In her defence I had just given her an oxytocin shot and I was really happy to have that ick out that in.