The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So.... we got our 3 new goats, they are pretty skinny and rough coated (owner gave them shots of BoSe the day we picked them up, 3 days ago, Fri) just wondering if I go and worm them (thinking of using the combo Equimax) should I go ahead and worm our 2 other goats (fat and sassy mostly Nigerian 5month olds) they are all penned together with the occasional break into the pasture...

·
7 does - 2 bucks - 1 wether
11,082 Posts
If you can, I would recommend a fecal first. That will tell you what worms you need to target. Equimax won't cover everything, so you won't know if it's taking care of the particular worms your goat has. :)

·
7 does - 2 bucks - 1 wether
11,082 Posts
Diet changes will do that, but so will worms. I usually just watch when they're clumpy and give some probios. If they get runny, or if the clumps persist for a while, that's when I look into treating.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Diet changes will do that, but so will worms. I usually just watch when they're clumpy and give some probios. If they get runny, or if the clumps persist for a while, that's when I look into treating.
I wont be back by Tractor Supply for awhile anyway ( I try to stop off when I have to commute to town for work)... They a nice selection of horse paste wormers, the equimax was pretty wide spectrum.

It may be diet changes because the little wether and doeling had normal berries when they got here, but he has been the most stubborn about over-getting into the grain when we are milking the yearling doe -- little doeling just gets a bit to train her onto the stand, but I know we need to do that with all of them)... I found a very convenient Probiotic powder in a large can that I can sprinkle onto everyone's grain (they get treated) and we started that yesterday!
Couldnt find the spray stuff for teats though FiteBac?
Otherwise TSC is pretty handy, good pricing for common stuff....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts