Sinead's Kids *graphic pics*

Discussion in 'Rainbow Bridge' started by RunAround, Feb 7, 2010.

1. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Here are Sinead's kids she had last night. Doe, buck, doe. I feel so terrible but I know we had to abort them to save Sinead. They were about 117 days gestation.

At least we saved Sinead and I'm sure her kids are up there now with Xcell :angelgoat: who will be more than happy to take care of them for Sinead.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. 4kids

4kids New Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Oh Ashley. I am sooo sorry. They were beautiful!

3. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    How sad this must be for you, but you did what you had to. They would have been very pretty kids.......but things happen for a reason and you saved Sinead! I pray you find peace in your heart with the choice you had to make :hug: .

4. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine
    Rest in peace dear sweet babies-you were loved so much.

5. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    I am so sorry for your losses Ashley. I know you tried everything possible and did it for the sake of Sinead... :hug: I am sure they are with Xcell

6. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Ashley, I am so sorry this had to happen.

7. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA
    Oh Ashley I'm so sorry. :( This is what my Mona's kids looked like when we had to put her to sleep... they were the same about 117 days gestation. I know it is not easy but at least you still have your doe. Had you let her get further into her pregnancy you may have lost them all. I'm so sorry. :hugs:

8. farmergal

farmergal New Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Northern California
    I am so sorry for your loss. They are beautiful kids. :hug:

But I am also happy that you were able to save Sinead, and maybe the colostrum that you got from her will make a life-or-death difference to some other kids (yours, or a neighbor's) down the line... the Lord works in mysterious ways sometimes.

9. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    They were beautiful...it is so sad.... :( but.. I am glad.. Sinead will be OK....I know it can't be easy....again...... I am so sorry... :hug:

10. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Oh gosh..i'm so sorry you lost them. Very sad they were so close too. I'm glad to hear that Sinead is ok.

11. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Awww :( I am so sorry. They were beautiful. :hug:

12. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I am positive that these beautiful babies are with Xcell. So very sorry that you and Sinead lost them.

13. bheila

bheila New Member

Jan 9, 2009
    Kent, Wa
    :( This is so sad :hug: :hug: Take comfort in knowing you did what you had to and those kids are out bouncing around in greener pastures with Xcell :hug:

14. farmgirl42

farmgirl42 New Member

Jan 2, 2010
    Eastern Ohio
    I'm so sorry for the loss of your beautiful babies. :(

15. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Thanks, I still feel really bad about it. :sigh: Like maybe I should have tried longer... I don't know. :cry:

16. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    Aww poor babies. They were going to be beautiful. What was wrong with the Sinead?

17. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Ashley....sometimes we have to make hard choices like this and you did what you thought was best and you saved Sinead.....had you waited longer you might have lost her and the babies both and then you would have been beating yourself up for waiting.....I know it must suck, but don't be hard on yourself. You are a great goat mom.....if ever I need some advice in an emergency with one of my guys, I hope you will be one to help me.....I really respect your knowledge of goats :hug: .

18. Idahodreamer

Idahodreamer Senior Member

:hug: so sorry Ashley!! They were so beautiful. :(

19. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Don't blame yourself.... sometimes God ...throws in a curve ball...and we ask why.... Put it this way.... if you didn't make that very hard decision....you may of lost your beautiful doe.... and even if ...you tried to wait it out.... there was no guarantee... that the babies would of been OK ...and she may of died as well....... You did the right thing....you are beating yourself up ...because you have.. a caring heart..................and that in itself ...is something very special....... :hug:

20. WalnutGroveFarm

WalnutGroveFarm Senior Member

Sep 27, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    I just wanted to say im so sorry for your loss. They where beautiful.