The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a small herd and have had 8 births on my farm. This was the first I had to help with, boy was it an experience. I was home alone all day with my two and four year olds with me. The momma had discharge at 12:30. A water bag at 1:30. I sat watching her from 2:30-4:30 when she got up, stopped pushing and was grazing. I went in to start supper for my kids and got them fed. At 5 I went out to watch her more when she began pushing again and NO PROGRESS again. I decided after 30 minutes that even though my husband was due home in a little over an hour and could help I needed to step in. She is a goat I rescued a year ago and will not allow human contact. It took me 30 more minutes to get her in the barn, tied up and got my supplies ready. At 6:10 I was wrist deep and found two feet. I pulled gently and soon out came a upside down and backwards buckling. She is healing nicely, buckling is on his feet and eating, peeing and pooping normally. I received an email from my husband that explained he wouldn't be home till 8:30. Had I waited till when I thought he would be home I'm not sure the little one would have made it. That was quite an experience for me. Glad it's over and the outcome was good.

Attachments

·
558 Posts
Nicely done!! You did great!! I get nervous just thinking about doing something like that.
The buckling looks super cute!! Congrats!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts