The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Boers & Nubians
1,938 Posts
Aw... he is really cute. And I hope his legs get better with the selenium. But 5 single bucklings sucks terribly!! Same sire?

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Aw... he is really cute. And I hope his legs get better with the selenium. But 5 single bucklings sucks terribly!! Same sire?
No his dad was a pretty caramel pygmy buck that I just had to have. He was so sweet and friendly when I got him until I got him home and put him in the buck pen. He tore it down to get out. So We put big 6x6 post concreted with a steel door. And doubled the fencing with wood and metal panels. After about 20 mins he had knocked the concreted posts loose ,broke the hinges off the door and bent the panels and broke his horn. So he ran loose for a few days until I was able to sell him.

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
No his dad was a pretty caramel pygmy buck that I just had to have. He was so sweet and friendly when I got him until I got him home and put him in the buck pen. He tore it down to get out. So We put big 6x6 post concreted with a steel door. And doubled the fencing with wood and metal panels. After about 20 mins he had knocked the concreted posts loose ,broke the hinges off the door and bent the panels and broke his horn. So he ran loose for a few days until I was able to sell him.
good grief! determined little guy huh?

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
He is cute and looks like you are doing great with him. Sorry about the "buckling" streak thou !
He's cute.

But I know how you feel with the buck streak
My dad says its the drought his cattle only have bull calves in the drought. Lol gotta love old timers and there way of thinking

This year with my Nigerians I had 5 doelings and 1 buckling

With my Nubians we had 7 bucks and only only 1 doe

1 - 15 of 15 Posts