The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Certified Codger
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our two Nubians are sisters all the way, even in 102+ heat. They just can't get enough of each other's company.

·
Registered
818 Posts
So cute! :) That's why I felt so bad when Oreo tried to climb into the truck after her brother got lifted up by his new owner. She looked so sad and confused when I had to grab her and set her down. :( She never actually saw her sister get loaded into the car the week before, and she still had her brother then, so I didn't feel quite as bad. I still hated splitting them up after 3 months of being together. I think I felt worse about it than they did. lol.

·
Banned
5,944 Posts
Yeah, sisters can be interesting. I have a pair of twins - Wendy and Tinkerbell - that are like yours. They even kidded within a 24-36 hours of each other - Wendy had buck/doe twins around mid-day on 6/11, Tinkerbell delivered a huge single doeling late in the day on 6/12. Everything was fine with Wendy until Tinkerbell kidded, then she rejected her buck within a few hours of Tinkerbell kidding. Go figure!

·
Certified Codger
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Polly raised sand for the whole week that Molly was gone to a friend's place to be bred but barely uttered a peep when we took her twin boys away. They don't even like being separated when I'm milking Polly, even though Molly is getting her feed at the same time in a separate pan.

·
Banned
5,944 Posts
Polly raised sand for the whole week that Molly was gone to a friend's place to be bred but barely uttered a peep when we took her twin boys away. They don't even like being separated when I'm milking Polly, even though Molly is getting her feed at the same time in a separate pan.
That is just amazing!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts