Size of harness for a pygmy

Discussion in 'Mini Mania' started by Shelly, Jun 23, 2008.

1. Shelly

Shelly New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    California
    Could someone till me what size of harness leash to use on a 2 to 3 month old pygmy goat. I have a friend getting married on Friday and her dowry to the groom will be two pygmy goats. Thought the harness would come in handy on the wedding day. The goats will only be their a hour at most. Thank you, Shelly

2. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I used the small sized adjustable dog harness on a few of mine for awhile...til they figured out how to back out of them!

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    if you have a petsmart near you take them in there and try out harnesses on them :D

4. deenak

deenak New Member

Oct 10, 2007
    Ames Iowa
    That would be a hoot to see! Free entertainment in the collar/harness/leash aisle!

5. Shelly

Shelly New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    California
    Actually my DD works at petsmart in the grooming department. I've been try to get her to take them in for a bath and blow dry on wedding day, but she said they only allow dogs and cats. Do you think it would reflect badly on her for if mom and sister where chasing goats thought the story. :wink: Now I need to decide how to decorate the harnesses. A bow, flowers, bing or a mixture. Shelly

6. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I have brought my kid goats in before -- no one minded ;)

7. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Ha ha When I worked at PetSmart this lady brought in her Mini horses. Talk about a mess! I handed her the trash bag. :slapfloor: