Skin cancer?

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Nigerian dwarf goat, Jan 22, 2021.

1. Nigerian dwarf goat

Nigerian dwarf goat Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Texas
    F5CEA610-E7D2-4D71-AD72-51C54E2CA46A.jpeg
    Baby has a growth in her backend and I am concerned it is skin cancer.it is not affecting bowel movements or anything. She is completely fine as of now other than the mass. Little bit of background
    Baby gets staph infections at least once every year or 2 because she has a hard time holding on to zinc. When I first saw the mass, I thought it was odd, but treated like staph. Nothing happened. So I contacted the vet today, and he just got back to me saying “give me a call tomorrow and we will talk about it” now the anxiety has kicked in lol, so I’m coming to you guys.
    She was also luted on November 10th due to accidental breeding. Not sure if that has anything to do with it? May be a hemorrhoid? I don’t know, but I’m worried. What do you think?

Attached Files:

MadHouse and Iluvlilly! like this.
  2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I recommend having a vet look at it. That is the only way to find out.

3. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Definitely need the vet to look at it

4. Nigerian dwarf goat

Nigerian dwarf goat Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Texas
    Talked to the vet, and he doesn’t seem very concerned, but when he gets back into town (he’s a mobile vet and once a month he goes to a town a few hours from us and works at a clinic there) he wants to maybe get a sample and test it, and maybe take as much off as possible.

5. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Good. To me that looks like something that needs to be seen in person.

6. GoofyGoat

GoofyGoat Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2018
    TEXAS
    I don’t know if it will help but crystals doe dawn on blue cactus dairy goats on YouTube had a lesion on her backside and she chronicled it and maybe that might be of some use. Just a thought.

Nigerian dwarf goat likes this.