The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
2,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my girls in and they are soooo beautiful. The alpine came from a different farm than the sable. The alpine is fat, shiny and healthy!! The sable is skinny with a rough coat....... What is the first thing I should do for her? I am not able to get a fecal done at this point, not going back to the city for a while, so what can I do without having a fecal done. I have probios, worming meds, B Vit. and some Cocci meds.

·
14,615 Posts
Go ahead & worm her then with what you have on hand. Also she may be lacking copper so if you have a good loose mineral out for them she should start looking better in a month or two.

·
Registered
30,581 Posts
you can also brush her out real well and check for lice ..B complex for both girls for the stress of the move..:D
To add weight go slowly with adding feed or increasing..it take a while to put weight back on a goat, so be patient..

·
Registered
14,606 Posts
I usually dont do fecals, but skinny, runs and rough coat are all signs I run to the wormer, I would also hit her again in 10 days to get rid of all the little suckers that hatched in that time ;).....at least thats what works for me

1 - 4 of 4 Posts