Sleep is for the Weak

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by Coraxfeather, Dec 19, 2008.

1. Coraxfeather

Coraxfeather New Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Slippery ROckPA
    ANyoen else loose sleep when the little ones season of brithing is around. I have gotten maybe 5 hours of sleep in the past week cause of bottle feeding and checking up on those does that REFUSE to give birth!! I think they are waiten on me to go crazy before they give birth. They are conspiren againts me!! I knwo they are. Penny and Slivia went agiast the grain and gave birth. The others are just waiten until my back is turn and they are going to give birth. *pulls out ahir* I knwo they are plotting!! Or they are going to black mail me for the good hey or maybe a etra helping of feed. Ya that is what is it! They are going to hold out until the get the good stuff. *wonders if anyone can tell she needs sleep*

2. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    My goodness....Thankfully I will be waiting until March for that to happen....and thankfully I have a supportive boss that lets me leave my 5-2 job to check up on my ladies in waiting!

I am so glad all my girls are good mama's, they have always raised their babies.

3. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Thank goodness my first ones are not due for another 2 months. Hopefully most of the snow will be taken care of by then, although last year it snowed up until June 1 - now that was crazy - darn global warming.

But, yes - I loose ALOT of sleep when it comes to my goaties and kidding time!!!

4. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    I need no sleep...I feel like a zombie! I'm getting up every hour to check on Belle...maybe she'll give me babies eventually!

5. Laurel_Haven

Laurel_Haven New Member

Oct 19, 2007
    South Carolina
    I don't even remember the first two weeks of December... they just came and went as I was in a sleep deprived daze due to my kiddings. :ZZZ:
    So yep I do understand! :wink:

6. Coraxfeather

Coraxfeather New Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Slippery ROckPA
    Hey all I remeber from the past week is that I stuck a bottle in 4 wonderful little kids screaming kids mouths. I am getting sleep this week end and then go back to work. YA more feeding. *puts another tooth pic on her eye lids* Hubby wants to go shopen after he gets home from work. YA!

7. Amos

Amos New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Minnesota
    HAH! See Tina; you were delusional!

8. Laurel_Haven

Laurel_Haven New Member

Oct 19, 2007
    South Carolina
    :ROFL: :slapfloor: :ROFL:

See Brandi, I had a good reason, I was delusional from lack of sleep due to my kiddings. :greengrin:

9. Coraxfeather

Coraxfeather New Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Slippery ROckPA
    What I call my non goat friends think I am crazy. Now my goats friends all think this is perfectly natural to go with out sleep durnign kiddign season.

10. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    Yeah I had practice for 2 hours this morning and they couldn't understand why I was tired!

11. Oh yes, I know what ya mean! I have three ready to kid any time...maybe if I would stop checking on them they would just go ahead and have them...but I can't stand to miss anything! I really think one will kid tonight though :) Thank goodness the temp. is in the 60's now, last night it was in the 30's.

12. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    ooo more babies!! I hope they kid easily for you

13. nancy d

nancy d Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    This is why you do not tell non goat friends much of anything about goats! They just dont understand.
    Hang in there Corax, they will kid. Try to relax.
    Take a deep breath, Now take another few. They have been kidding for thousands of years. Without us.
    You know, the best kidding season I had was last year when there were four kiddings in three days.
    When the first one went I was busy with her and the Nubian spit out quads when she knew I was busy.
    By then I was a zombie running back & forth, an FF had hers out in the main pen.........
    You just gotta relax, once they decide its time with or without your presense let them do their thing.