The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2 boer does that are supposed to be 90 something % but I'm concerned about how small they are :hair: .How big should they be by now? They were born on Dec. 4th & 9th.I will get pics soon.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Were they dam raised or bottled? Worming or cocci treatment history. Need to think about if these does are going to be for breeding purposes. Did the dams not have enough milk or are the mothering skills not up to par to produce a healthy kid? They should be decent size by now. Just my thoughts.
Sue

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When I bought them i was told that they were Dam raised (saw their dams and they were very nice goats.),had been wormed,I don't know about cocci treatment/prevention.I think I'm going to call the person I bought them from.

·
Premium Member
29,236 Posts
when you call ask how big his kids are usually at that age and then compare. are his goats slow growers on average? Some lines are just slower growing but mature nicely once they do.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Have you weight them? Pictures would help. We have one that was a little short chunk in the last two weeks he's finely start get taller. He's a late dec/early jan kid. Shelly

1 - 8 of 8 Posts