Slowing down?

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Suellen, Nov 6, 2009.

1. Suellen

Suellen New Member

Mar 9, 2008
    Paragonah, Utah
    Hi I have been away from all my forums do to a busy summer. I think I am going to be able to slow down, :ROFL: Maybe not we are expanding our dairy to include cow milk we will buy locally. When I have pics of the new buildings you will understand why I laugh. I'll post them on the dairy group.

I have taken two of my girls for dates with a buck near by and have a few more. We are getting a late start this year.
    I need to go milk. The goats are on our time they get milked once a day between 11a -12p I have been procrastinating because the milker broke and I will have to milk by hand. Its not to bad we have 3 milk goats and one is on her date which I am thankful. We call her little teats. We have to use the milker on her or we would sprain our fingers trying to milk those little teats. :hair: The milker replacement part should be here later this afternoon. :leap:

2. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Sounds like things should be slowing down for just a bit before you start the kidding.

So glad you are back. We missed you. :hug:

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    welcome back Sue!

Try milking Nigerian teats :p

4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    wow....it does sound like a busy one....welcome back ....love seeing you here again.... :wink: :greengrin:

5. Ariel301

Ariel301 Guest

Oct 12, 2009
    Hahaha we've got a doe like that. She's 6 years old and has teats like a first freshener. I have tiny hands, and I can only use three fingers to milk her. My husband can't milk her at all with his big hands.

6. Suellen

Suellen New Member

Mar 9, 2008
    Paragonah, Utah
    This girl is 2years old. Her teats are maybe the length of my pinky. My husband can barely get out the 3 squirts we need to clear the teat before putting her on the milking machine. I have a difficult time and I have small fingers. I can't even imagine millking a Nigerian :shocked: .
    Suellen