The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have been away from all my forums do to a busy summer. I think I am going to be able to slow down, :ROFL: Maybe not we are expanding our dairy to include cow milk we will buy locally. When I have pics of the new buildings you will understand why I laugh. I'll post them on the dairy group.

I have taken two of my girls for dates with a buck near by and have a few more. We are getting a late start this year.
I need to go milk. The goats are on our time they get milked once a day between 11a -12p I have been procrastinating because the milker broke and I will have to milk by hand. Its not to bad we have 3 milk goats and one is on her date which I am thankful. We call her little teats. We have to use the milker on her or we would sprain our fingers trying to milk those little teats. :hair: The milker replacement part should be here later this afternoon. :leap:

·
Premium Member
10,654 Posts
Sounds like things should be slowing down for just a bit before you start the kidding.

So glad you are back. We missed you. :hug:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hahaha we've got a doe like that. She's 6 years old and has teats like a first freshener. I have tiny hands, and I can only use three fingers to milk her. My husband can't milk her at all with his big hands.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This girl is 2years old. Her teats are maybe the length of my pinky. My husband can barely get out the 3 squirts we need to clear the teat before putting her on the milking machine. I have a difficult time and I have small fingers. I can't even imagine millking a Nigerian :shocked: .
Suellen

1 - 6 of 6 Posts