SLR L Monster Roadster Update

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by kelebek, Aug 21, 2009.

1. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Well, as you all know, Sandy, my first registered Nubian gave birth to a gorgeous tri colored buckling that we have named SLR L Monster Roadster. Well Monster was a bottle baby because his momma would not nurse him unless he was on the milkstand.... so I would make her nurse when I was home, and bring him to work on the bottle with me during the day.

On Wednesday of this week (so he was 9 days old) I had some issues with another person who doesn't work in my department, but shares the suite with us with having Monster in the back room. Mind you, this was the first and ONLY day that he was going to be inside the building and he was in a kennel, inside a locked office that is not being used.

Anyway, long story short, I paniced because I didn't want to cause issues here at work and emailed out my waiting list that I would sell Monster very cheap and as a wether if he could go to a new home now. I had a lady that really wanted him as a wether, but only way hubby would let her get him is if she got a milker also.

Since Sandy, Monster's dam, was being a pill with nursing - I decided to sell her also, as I couldn't have her possibly do this to me again. I was selling her for the price that I paid for her, ultimately loosing 100.00 on her and then the money for the kid..... I was upset - but it was best all the way around. It isn't fair for Monster to be in a kennel all day when he should be running and playing and it is 80-90's here now and he would have to be in the kennel in the car (of course with windows and sun roof open and the back hatch and parked in the shade - but regardless)

Last night I was outside listening to the radio in the barn and filling waters while listening and I look over - and monster is going to town nursing!!!!!!!!! Can you believe it!!! Only took 10 days of really working with her and getting to my witts end. I guess that this is a sign that she wants to stay with me!!!

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    oh thats great! wonderful

I am so happy to hear that and Monster gets to be a normal kiddo

3. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    That is awesome!!! :thumb:

4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    That is Fantastic............ :greengrin: :thumbup:

5. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    FANTASTIC!!!!!

So glad that you have both staying with you and not leaving so soon. Great that he can be a kid too and play and bounce around as he should.

6. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    That's fantastic! I am so glad you didn't have to sell them! :stars:

7. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    oooo.... I got SUCH A BIG KICK OUT OF THIS!!!! Allison called me on the phone and you should have heard her... :ROFL: :ROFL: :hug: HILARIOUS!!!!

But now Monster gets to stay!!!! YEAH!!!!!!!! :leap: