The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
8,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the little man that made it through kidding and survived. Unfortunately his 2 brothers and sister did not fair as well.

Introducing SLR Minis G Rockford (for being so strong to make it)

He is a little tinier then his brothers and about the 3rd the size of his sister - but he is nursing and momma just loves him.

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Re: Blanca's live kid

Awwwww, he is adorable! I bet he was first born, reason I say that is mom's get up and clean the first born and sometimes lay down and push a second out and don't tend to it as well as the first.

Congrats on the healthy boy! Don't beat yourself up about the other 3. I have heard COUNTLESS tales of this happening so you are not alone. :hug:

·
Premium Member
15,546 Posts
Re: Blanca's live kid

Allison, he is gorgeous! He looks really good too! What a special little guy! I'm glad to see he's up and doing well after the hard delivery. :hug:

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
He is adorable!

I am sorry about the others BUT IMO- that little guy looks very freshly born in those first photos.
I dont think you missed the kidding by a whole lot. So, chances are, even if you had gotten up at 3am, she wouldnt have been in active labor. Dont beat yourself up over it!

Are you going to keep him?

·
Registered
8,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
No I don't think so. I think if anyone - I will keep China's 2 that were born on Monday. I am not a "buckskin" type of person - But I really like Turner.

I am definately not a white and black person - but if I can't sell him - he will be staying - LOL!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts