The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey we have these new kids and one seems kinda lethargic. He almost has this stare that he goes into. I’ve had this happen before and the kid eventually got really bad scours and passed. I don’t want that happening again. I’ve given him probiotic paste and some electrolytes and it’s improved a smidgen but that won’t be enough.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also I’ve checked all the goats for worms and they all seem healthy.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He is about 2 months he was born beginning of December

·
Registered
5,932 Posts
We need more information to help. Did you get a fecal done or just check their FAMACHA? What’s his temp? Bottle fed?
Sorry For all the questions..but we cant see what you’re seeing and there’s a hundred reasons a goat can be sluggish.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Is he being bottle fed or is he with his mom? Have you taken his temperature?
He's with his mom and his temp is 103.2 Fahrenheit

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
Sometimes they need a bit more. Selenium gel and honey and cayan. Is he eating enough?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Is he being bottle fed or is he with his mom? Have you taken his temperature?
He's with his mom and his temp is 103.2 Fahrenheit

Reactions: MadHouse

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sometimes they need a bit more. Selenium gel and honey and cayan. Is he eating enough?
I don't know if he's eating enough he likes hay and milk but only nibbles on corn

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
H
Okay temperature is good! I'd recheck again in 12 hours to make sure it hasn't gone up any further though.

By 2 months of age, most goat kids will have needed some deworming and coccidia medication. How are his poops? FAMACHA?
is waste is fine for his age and I give them diatemecious earth for their de worming. Is that safe for kids?

·
Registered
456 Posts
Diatemateous earth has its place but if he is pretty wormy you will need a traditional worker like cydectin.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
We need more information to help. Did you get a fecal done or just check their FAMACHA? What's his temp? Bottle fed?
Sorry For all the questions..but we cant see what you're seeing and there's a hundred reasons a goat can be sluggish.
Famacha is fair his temp is 103.2 and he isn't bottle fed.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well I have photos of them in my media. He is the gray kid and his mom is the tan one

1 - 20 of 28 Posts