The Goat Spot Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
By the way sorry if I’m short with my answers it’s just a lot to answer.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Need to know age, weight, breed, diet, rectal temperature, FAMACHA, and the dates he was dewormed and coccidia prevention how much and what was use
You'll have to give me a wee bit of time, I'm a little stuck right now but I will provide that information. I can tell you that his famacha is fair his breed is mininubian he is 2 months old they have alfalfa hay, corn, copper, and diatemecious earth (besides the milk they sneak every now and again). I don't go and deworm I just use diatemecious earth in their feed and it has worked fine with all of my animals when I have used it. I use 1 cup for a 50lb bag of corn.

Reactions: toth boer goats

·
8,066 Posts
I would remove corn from the diet and get rid of the diatemacious earth. The dust from that is really rough on the lungs. (they are small sharp sea creature shells).
If you can't do a fecal right now, treat for coccidea, put on a goat grain with ammonium chloride in it for stones. Goats are not made to digest corn over long term. (I am sure some can eat corn, but it is hard on the rumen as it ferments and causes gas build up- resulting in bloat and could lead to death).

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Yeesh I didn’t know that.. about corn. I don’t know.. DE has always worked for me. It’s going to be tough to find a new dewormer I can afford right now.

Reactions: toth boer goats

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
What’s a good treatment for coccidea?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Ok sweet

21 - 28 of 28 Posts