Small doe likes big bucks

Discussion in 'Goat Management' started by mrs. lam, Oct 15, 2010.

1. mrs. lam

mrs. lam New Member

Apr 20, 2010
    I gave my pygmy doe Mischief to a friend from church who has two pygmy's. (doe and buck) Mischief always tried to be close to Romeo our Nubian cross buck. (whom we have since wethered) Never gave the new buck a second look.
    Tiffany texted me last week asking if Mischief had ever jumped our fence. No. She did help make a hole in the fence a couple of times but she hadn't done that in about a year or so. They added to the fence to make it taller. Didn't work. She put her in a six foot chain link dog run. She climbed up and over and trucked a mile down to the road. Joey (Tiff's bro in law) has a nubian buck on the corner. Low and behold Mischief went over the fence to be with this buck. :shocked:
    Has any one delt with this before? My goat is a tramp. I want her to be safe and happy in her new home but I don't want her running loose and getting hurt or killed.

Gina

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    oh my! thats to funny.

I dont know what they can do besides putting up hot wire

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  4. Lexibot

Lexibot New Member

Jul 27, 2010
    Missouri
    I have heard Nigerians being bred to alpines, tey come out as GREAT looking goats. But yeah, I would be worried about a pygmie... quite odd story... I would say hotwire that tramp :D

5. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    yeah definitely dont let her breed with a bigger buck. :)
    harness or hotmire should work well, all of my boers are too stumpy to jump LOL