The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been noticing for a while a knot in frazzles udder, I first thought maybe it was a bug bite but it hasn't gone away... I have only had her 6 weeks? I noticed it a few weeks ago when I was milking, it's about the size of a marble

·
Registered
96 Posts
I feel your pain, and you have a right to be upset! i just rescued new girls two with mastitis (lump in udder) and one with very bad hoof problems ......she could have just said that stuff so you would buy the goat..(i hope am wrong) but if she couldn't show the papers the day of sale i would be asking why? and there papers? doesn't sound good...as for you buying her anyway it sounds like she is in a better place...​

·
Super Moderator
58,069 Posts
Has it changed in those 6 weeks since you had her? What pain med are you giving her? You could try B-L Solution which is natural stuff so you may be able to drink her milk.

·
Super Moderator
58,069 Posts
Oh man, that stinks. Sounds like the woman is someone who shouldn't own goats. Obviously she is not properly caring for them. I'm surprised she doesn't have more deaths.

Have you tested her for mastitis?

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just did my nightly milking and it has grown a good bit. I just hasn't paid that much attention (I have Lyme disease and it reeks havoc on my memory) And she gets to being a booger when I milk about half way out on that side, I used to milk it second and I thought she was being a brat... I think it hurts her when I milk ): what good is a milk doe without feet to stand on or milk? Ugh. It just keeps getting better

Attachments

·
Registered
856 Posts
Give her some vit-c tablets it will clear it up did on my does. They say if u give to them Dailey than u will never have that issue

·
2,203 Posts
Could have been an abscess. I would test for CL anyway, even if you have already. Flush with iodine, keep it clean and dry and keep an eye on it. Open wounds can develop nasty infections or harbor staph. Something you really don't want or need.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It's been there weeks... It looked bruised yesterday maybe from me squeezing at it the day before?? Idk my goat people here are too busy to help and I can't afford another vet bill

·
2,203 Posts
It's been there weeks... It looked bruised yesterday maybe from me squeezing at it the day before?? Idk my goat people here are too busy to help and I can't afford another vet bill
That could be. Also could be from swelling, etc. Did you get any clear fluid out of the spot?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts